+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wench View Post

I have no idea what you are all talking about lol, but Sandrine I hope it solves everyones blinking problems
    Oh!!!! Only about an issue with the thumbnails... They are blinking. That kills the eyes. LOL.

Seriously... to everyone who is encountering this issue.

PLEASE CHECK THE SETTINGS OF YOUR ANTIVIRUS even if you aren't using McAfee... and try to disable the real time data analysis. If the issue continues to occur, try to disable your antivirus BUT for security purpose turn off your internet connection.

Hope that it will help you.

Keep in mind that when your PC is connected to Internet your antivirus should always be activated... There are only a few cases for which you could disable temporarly your firewall.

That'd be interested to know with which antivirus and version of the antivirus it occurs.

Sandrine

I did as Sandrine suggested and turned my real time scanning off and that did stop the blinking (I use McAfee virus software), when I turned it back on it started to blink again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
    Julie

Great!

In fact I have launched another scrapbooking software product to check if we have a similar issue with the thumbnails in the dialogs... And yes. In fact, it isn't obvious because you don't have the blinking effect... but the thumbnails aren't dynamically displayed... you have to wait for minutes and minutes... depending of course of the number of files inside a same folder... When I turn off the scanning, the thumbnails are displayed faster but it requires more time than with Scrapbook MAX. But that's more reasonable :-)

FYI - It's better to have folders with a small amount of files. So they can be loaded faster.
    And of course, my photos folders are... HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm good for giving advices. LOL.

And when you think to the issue, it's quite normal as there's a real time scanning... so somewhere all the applications are not so fast as they should be.

In the past I have also noticed that the issue didn't occur even if the realtime scanning was running when your files were located on a DVD or CD or an external drive... Why? Now I know why :-) Because the external drive is scanned once, when I insert it or plug it (because of my own antivirus configuration).

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
    Last edited by KapiScrap; 11-29-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Hello, I have McAfee on my computer and have found that the real time data analysis is causing the problem. When you turn it off everything is fine. When it is turned back on everything blinks again.I can't turn it of from my side as it secres my computer. Hope Scrap Max can help . Now that I know the problem ... what is the solution. Anyone!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!
    Last edited by judifa; 11-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Wow! This explains a lot. I too have McAfee and when I temporarily turned it off the blinking stopped. When I turned real time scanning back on the blinking started up again. Of course this can't be done if I do a speed scrap as I don't want to me on the internet without protection.
    Kim Goodman

Proudly CT for Kapiscrap & Art and Digi Cyber Scraps

Really happy to know that the problem has been identified!

Sandrine

I'm very glad that you have figured out what is causing the problem on your systems.

Karin

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

I have contacted McAfee through my internet provider. I stayed on the phone from 8:00am until about 10:30 trying to get the problem solved. They are aware of what is happening in Scrap Max 2.0. They re-installed McAfee but that did not help. The tech said he would have to take it to a higher elevation and they are suppose to call me tomorrow. What I don't understand is why is this not happening in my other Scrapbooking programs. It only happens in Scrap Max.
    Thanks for all help.
    Hope this issue can be resolved as I enjoyed working in Scrap Max .
    Have a good day everyone!
    Judy aka Judifa

A representative from McAfee just called me back and did a scan. He said the problem was that I had a lot of Malware on my computer and needed to talk to someone from Micro soft. Of course there would be a charge. I told him to forget it. What next!

Hi!

I have no malware. My PC has been cleaned and secured by a McAfee tech last summer.

Install and run McAfee Virtual Technician to check your PC. Then go on the McAfee forum... you could find some help.

I'm almost sure that you're encountering issues with some other scrap software products if the embies/papers/photos are loaded on a dialog with the thumbnails... but the issue isn't so obvious as you don't have the "KISS COOL EFFECT"... oups! Blinking effect :-) Send me a PM to tell me which scrap software products you also use... Don't name there. No need to advertise the competition. LOL.

Sandrine