+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation Problems with Scrap Max 2 Need Help !!!

Hello
    I am having a problem with scrap max. When I try to add an emby from any of my kits the embies come on and go off then repeats itself. They are not on long enough to add anything to the page. It is a continuous on and off blinking. I could use a lot of help. It does this on all of the kits I have. I click the emby icon then the kit then everything blinks on and off. Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Have you made any changes recently to your computer at all, for instance any new Windows updates?

K

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Also - a workaround for right now is to try draggging and dropping content onto your page rather than browsing for it through the program's menu or icons. Have you tried that? Does that work?

Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Hello and thank you for your quick response. No, I have not added anything, and I do not know how to do the drag and drop. So I quess I am still stuck. I can go to them through another program but I don't see the embies and I have to click on each one to see them and this is just tooooooo much! Can this problem be fixed?
    Thank you,
    Judy

Drag and drop is quite simple to do.

You open up Scrapbook MAX!, and open up the project you want to work on.

Then, open up the folder where your scrapbook items are stored in another window.

Then, select the item you want to use, and drag it onto the page.

You'll be asked if you want to add the item as a photo, background, paper scrap etc. - choose the option you want and select ok.

The item will be added to your page.

In the video tutorial called "Adding Embellishments to Scrapbooking Pages" we show drag and drop. The video can be found here:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/tutorials/video-tutorials/

Click play - the Drag and Drop method is demonstrated at about 4 minutes into this tutorial.

Hope that helps!

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 11-25-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Hello, I still cannot access my embies in scrapmax. I have looked at the tutorial but I didn't see anything on the drag and drop all I saw was resizing pictures and how to add them. I have had a good cry and have decided that digital scrapbooking is too nerve racking and expensive. Thank you anyway.
    Judifa

Hi Judy,

On the video tutorial page found here

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/tutorials/video-tutorials/

...there is a video called "Adding Embellishments to Scrapbooking Pages". I believe it is the 7th video, so you have to scroll down to find it.

If you watch it, at about the 4 minute mark, we demonstrate "Drag and Drop". The narrator talks about how you can bring in embellishments from other places on your computer (I'm not sure if she ever says "drag and drop" but that is what she is doing.) This method can be used to add any object to your page - papers, backgrounds, photos or embellishments.

I hope that information helps - it sounds like you might not have been watching the right video.

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 11-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Hello, I can't add a picture if they are constantly blinking on and off. It does this on everything I try ,embies ,pictures ;mask; shapes etc. It blinks, adds an emby, blinks off, adds another emby and so on . I have waited as long as 20 to 25 mins for all the embies to come up that are in the kits.
    thank you,
    Judy

Are you saying that this is also happening when you drag and drop? Or just when you are trying to add things to your page by using the buttons in the program (which as I understand is the original problem)?

K

Hello, I have watched the video and have tried the drag and drop method ,however when I try to drag an emby on to the scrap max page I get an error message which says " Cannot copy the source and destination files are the same." I tried this with em ies from the scrap max (which still flashes. )I also tried it with embies from another kit and they flashed also when I brought them into the program and the message remains the same. I made a scrapbook page today with an older program I have (American Greetings Scrapbooks and More.) and I had no problem at all. The embies did not flash . This only happens in the scrap max program.
    Thank you for your efforts,
    Judy