+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Photo Books

Default Photo Books

Has anyone published their pages in a photobook? If so who do you like to use. I have created 2 different photobooks prior to scrapbooking just using the layouts included. I have used mypublisher and kodak. The kodak one had horrible print quality compared to mypublisher. I was thinking of trying out shutterfly but maybe I should stick with mypublisher.

Any opinions?

After we went on a cruise with family this winter, I made two photobooks from Shutterfly for my husband's father and his grandmother. I just uploaded everyone's photos and made the book using Shutterfly's page layouts. I thought the quality was very good and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. BONUS....They now offer 12 x 12 books (at the time I made them the largest was 8.5 x 11!)

I used Photoworks (they were offering a free photo book) for my son-in-law to take when he deployed to Iraq. I put pictures in it of my grandson from the moment he was born until his daddy left for Iraq. I was very pleased with the way the book turned out and would purchase another from them. They said at the end of my order that it would take 4-6 weeks for the book to arrive, but I had it within 7 days.

Smile Shutterfly

I had two photo books made by Shutterfly - it was really easy to do and the finished quality was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to use Shutterfly again!

Exclamation Qustion Here

You mentioned doing the photo books by shutterfly...... I'm wondering if you have actually uploaded your layout pages already done. I was looking at the website and got the impression that you just do your pages on the website rather than uploading the finished layouts for the pages. $30 for 20 pages is cheaper than getting pages printed for the 8 1/2 x 11's. Also, what about the resolutions? I believe the default is 200, does that upload for the books?

Maybe I will load one of my scrapbooks to them from one of my vacations! hummmmmm!!!!!

nie

Smile Shutterfly

Quote Originally Posted by OnieRN View Post
    You mentioned doing the photo books by shutterfly...... I'm wondering if you have actually uploaded your layout pages already done. I was looking at the website and got the impression that you just do your pages on the website rather than uploading the finished layouts for the pages. $30 for 20 pages is cheaper than getting pages printed for the 8 1/2 x 11's. Also, what about the resolutions? I believe the default is 200, does that upload for the books?

Maybe I will load one of my scrapbooks to them from one of my vacations! hummmmmm!!!!!

nie
    Hi Onie,

I used their layouts and just chose the pictures and inserted the text. I don't know if they print out layouts or not. I was impressed by the quality - very clear pictures and true colors. Let us know if you can publish scrapbooks there - that would be neat!

Smile I'll Wait then

I'm going to wait until someone else tells me if they have sent their layouts!

nie

That would be a great idea, if they would allow us to upload our own layouts and have them printed in a book format. I think with enough interest there will be more printing options available at a reasonable rate soon.

Marion

I just double checked on shutterfly and started a "sample" book. You could upload your highest quality published files into their 12 x 12 or 8 x 8 book....they have a "layout option" to have one picture on the page, full-bleed. If you just chose this option for every page, you could upload a scrapbook page onto each page. (There is a caption box in the middle of the picture, but if you don't type anything into it, it disappears when you preview the book.) The cost for the 12 x 12 with 20 pages is 54.99, with $1.50 per addition page. 8 x 8 is 29.99, with $1.00 per additional page. 8.5 x 11 (8.5 is on bound side) is 29.99 with $1.00 per additional page.

The 8x8 and 12x12 books are neat because you can customize the cover with various backgrounds and a photo, or a full-bleed photo, and you can also have the SPINE printed, which I thought was VERY cool.

Hope all of this information helps....who wants to be the first to try???

Sounds reallygood. It is actually cheaper (especially after the first 20 pages) then getting them printed and having to put them in sleeves and albums.
    I will have to try that one of these days and let you know how it works out.
    Thanks for doing all the leg work!

Marion