+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The groove

Thanks Karin. I too have fb and love posting my Lay outs there but it is just not the same. It might take some getting used to though.

Thanks Karin for that, I see what your problem is and I am sure you will give us any important news and we wont miss out.

I Just feel the whole world pressures us into facebook and I won't allow myself to be pressured. I have my own personal reasons for not joining, EVER, and I am sure there are many more like me.

Thanks for your feedback - We appreciate it!

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Karin - Could we please have a tutorials section in the forum here that designers or anyone else could post tips and tutorials to. I'm sure some of our members that use SBM software everyday may well have great ideas they could share. I know I certainly have lots of ideas. Been posting them every so often in a challenge etc but a nice home for it would be good. Challenge post get lost after a few months. Not sure how everyone else feels on this? I know you have video tutorials about using the software - but there is plenty more than just using the software to learn. Just a thought.
    The Groove is sometimes hard for designers to gather information together for when we have a deadline I agree but it seems also our readers are missing it.
    Not sure how the statistic are comparing - how many viewed the groove - compared with visitors to Facebook. Really it's a totally different type of viewer. Facebook - yes might reach others we might not have reached before. Yes, it's good but many of our regulars are missing The Groove.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I love the idea of a tutorial section where everyone can share their tips.

Hi Carena and all,

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree that we should have a designated place for Tutorials and tips, something in addition to the Video Tutorials page that we have, something right here in the forums. There have been lots of great tips and tricks shared, and it would be nice to have a "one-stop-shop" for people looking for just that.

I'm actually looking into adding a new forum just for that. I think that it should be a place where designers and any member can add tutorials or tips, since so many people have great ideas to share all the time. (Also, that way there is less pressure on one group of people to always be supplying information to keep the content fresh). How does that sound?

I'm on the case!

Karin

Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Okay - I actually just got the okay from our forum administrator as I typed my last reponse!

Look for a new forum (under the larger Scrapbook MAX! Discussion Forum) in the coming days called Scrapbook MAX! Tips, Tricks and Tutorials (or something very similar). Anyone who wants to share a tiny tip or a full-fledged tutorial related to digi scrapbooking will be able to do so. "The Groove" will also be generating tips, etc. for this forum throughout each month.

This will take a bit of time to set up, so it may not show up until next week, but it's in the works!

Karin

Oh - Awesome news. Happy girl now. Hugs.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Wat to go karin thank you!

So I guess if we have no groove newsletter here then we have no groove challenge for the month....will we have something to replace it? I do so love my challenges. It is a real help for new scrapbookers to improve their skills and techniques. Not just new ones, old ones too!