X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pookey28
    • Aug 2010

Cannot Copy and Paste text, graphics anymore

Since yesterday morning I have been trying to copy and paste graphics within SBM.....as well as C&P text in the message field. It will copy for me...but paste is not highlighted...and when I do ctrl V...nothing happens.

I can C and P in any other program on my computer...but not in SBM. Is there something that I may have disabled in SBM?
  • Pookey28
    • Aug 2010

Anyone?? I sent a message to support 3 days ago, and am still waiting...so any help would be GREAT!

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hi there!

Can you explain what you mean by the message field? (Do you mean journal text?) Can you clarify - if you right-click, you can choose Copy from the dropdown menu, but then you cannot access Paste when you right-click somewhere else on the page?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software to see if that helps?

Comment

• Pookey28
        • Aug 2010

Hi Karin =)

When I am clicking on copy, then paste for anything...text, graphics...you name it...the paste will not work.
        In the edit column the word paste is even grayed out.

It isn't my computer as I can C and P in any program...just not SBM. This started on Monday morning.

Comment

• Pookey28
          • Aug 2010

I have not un-istalled/re-installed as I no longer have the backup copy. I would need to re-purchase.

My biggest fear is losing all my projects in the process.
          I have well over 300....2 years worth of work =)

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

Hello!

A few things to try:

- make sure that the item you are trying to copy is selected (When you right-click on it, make sure that you see a box around it)
            - is it possible your Ctrl key isn't working? You can also select the object, then choose Edit> Copy from the menu. You can then choose Edit> Paste.
            - it it possible that you have no extra memory available? This could cause a problem like being unable to paste copied information.

Please let me know!

Karin

Comment

• Pookey28
              • Aug 2010

Hi Karin....Gracie sent me a new download so I am going to try this.
              It was the program, as everything on my computer is working fine.

Will let you know if this works =)

Comment

• scrappin'mommy
                • Jan 2010

Paste not Working, in Scrapbook Max only

I'm having this trouble too. Any resolution?

Originally posted by Pookey28 View Post
                Hi Karin =)

When I am clicking on copy, then paste for anything...text, graphics...you name it...the paste will not work.
                In the edit column the word paste is even grayed out.

It isn't my computer as I can C and P in any program...just not SBM. This started on Monday morning.

Comment

• Wendy M
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Feb 2012

I had the same a few days ago...it was the folder my scrap stuff was in...I moved them to another folder and they where working again. Hope this solves your problem.

Comment

• scrappin'mommy
                    • Jan 2010

Thanks!

Thanks, Wendy! I switched my embies and backgrounds to another folder. That didn't help, but it got me thinking. I opened up the properties of SBM and changed to "Run as Administrator". THAT did it! Thanks for the idea!

Originally posted by Wendy M View Post
                    I had the same a few days ago...it was the folder my scrap stuff was in...I moved them to another folder and they where working again. Hope this solves your problem.

Comment

• Wendy M
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Feb 2012

I'm glad you got it working!! Now you can show us your nice Layouts. Happy Scrapping!

Comment

Working...
                      X