• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazr
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2006

A Huge Thank You-re Templates

I wanted to take a moment to thank each & every one of you who so graciously contributed to all the free templates, you are all so gifted & I am thrilled to be able to use them.
    I have one query, is it ok to use embellishments etc from different templates to make a template for ourselves? & how would i go about getting them from
    one theme to another,is it a drag & drop procedure.?
    Thanks again.
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Well first, I'd like to join you in thanking all the contributors here. Great folks doing great stuff IMO.

I'll weigh in on the question with a *personal opinion*. My take on it is that the template stuff which is posted here is free for you to use, including partially, or after modifications. Free for you to distribute as part of a design, etc. I believe that is the true spirit of scrapping and that no one here posts stuff expecting you to use it "as is or not at all".

Howver - the key exception would be if you were selling the design components as design components, I believe that is not permissible. I think it would be OK if you included your complete design in a commercial design, however not as a commerical template or scrapping kit.

This is just my opinion and not to be mistaken for permission. If you are doing commercial stuff the main thing is just to ask for permission, some folks won't mind, some will. Always best to ask when doing commercial stuff, better safe than sorry.

The final consideration of course is credits. It can never hurt to pass on a credit when you have space for it without affecting your design, and sometimes it can be nice to show the new design to the designer for fun. After all, everyone here is basically an artist, so I think that the designs are mainly what folks here are after.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Kazr
      Layout Whiz
      • Mar 2006

re Templates

Thank you Corey, once again you have come to my rescue
      I have no intention of selling any design, I am only new to scrapboking & hope to get some ideas from the templates to eventually make one for myself/ to share- they will only be used on this site
      I will always give credit where its due if by chance I use anyones templates/embellishments,thats the least I can do to say my thanks for the use of them.
      Yes I agree with you, there are so many talented people out there,I just wish i was more creative myself but do appreciate the hard work everyone puts into it.

Thanks again .

Comment

• Corey
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2006

If you're only planning to upload the templates here for use by others then you're definitely OK to "mix and match" embellishments from other templates I think. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with that, in fact I think that the people who uploaded those templates would actually encourage you to do that. It's the true spirit of scrapping. Sharing, collaborating, and developing your creativity.

Speaking for myself, anything I've uploaded personally is free to use/share in any of your designs. No credits needed. The only requirement I have is that you *must* have fun using them.
        Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Kazr
          Layout Whiz
          • Mar 2006

re Templates

Thats the information i needed to know, & I guarantee you I intend to have Fun fun fun

Comment

• Corey
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2006

Good deal.

Comment

Working...
            X