+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

cool challenge Carena. I'll be back after I finish pages in an Women of Honor Book I am doing for my church. They are making sure they keep me busy!

Wench I got the same message so I just saved it as a jpeg.

Guys - I think in order to have it save as a PNG - you have to do the extraction first with nothing else on your page. I suspect you may have already added your background and then tried saving png and it won't work.
    You MUST have just the extracted image on your page ONLY to save as PNG. Besides, every time you spend so much time extracting an image, you need to save it as a PNG - even if you think - Oh I don't need that image again you will probably be surprised how often you might use it.
    Children are a favorite of mine that I like to use time and time again in my layouts.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by wench View Post
    So..I did a person, this is my nephew and I placed him very simply in a fantasy background...not sure what else needed to be in there lol

Hope it's ok!

Oh and I tried to save my erased image as a png and stick it in here but said it wasn't an ecceptable file format ??

Kaye - Perfect job. What I love beside the fact you have done a great looking extraction job, is that your nephew colouring and tones match perfectly with the background image tones.
    NOTE: Also you have placed him in a area of the page that is in full sun and your nephew's photo was taken in full sun. Great job with this. IF for example he had been in the shade, then the placement into the picture should also be in the shade.
    There is alot to learn about these sort of layouts. Light and shade and colour tonings is a major part of it and to make the picture totally believable. When taken a step further you can start looking at shadows also. It's an amazing learning curve but can make the most amazing layouts. Really it takes scrapbooking a further step and into the area of becoming a form of Digital Art.

Just want to say we are Scrapbook Max Software is truly amazing in that so much of what I might do in Photoshop is actually possible in SBM Version 2. All it takes is a great deal of knowledge and exploring and enthusiasm with a thirst for learning new things.

For those who have never tried these sort of techniques - please I say give it a go. Once you give it a try, I'm sure you will find enthusiasm that you never knew you had. It's certainly a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Carena; 09-03-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena

Carena I did save as PNG but Scrapbookmax would not let you upload a PNG. Here is my LO. I just love this challenge will do another one soon.

Awesome Wendy. Love it
    Kind wishes from Carena

Super instructions, Carena. Usually use PSE for my extractions, guess i have to start playing around in SBM to do it, thanks.

Great job, ladies on your extractions.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Love the challenge Carena! Great extractions and layouts!!

I just loved your challenge Carena!! The day I first came across digital scrapping and Scrapbook Max, waaayy back in 2009 LOL , it was layouts like this that made me buy the software immediately. . . So here's me trying my hand at it
    My original pic - before and after extraction - I put both on a blank page in SBM and then saved it as an image so as not to have hiccups re png format...

And here is my finished layout...