+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SBM having glitchy problem

My SBM program is having problems accessing the backgrounds and elements in the program as well as any of my other files. When I open a file it doesn't load them in a nice succession like it should. It loads the first picture, then before the second one loads it reloads the first one then the second, then it reloads the first, second and then third one. It takes FOREVER for all the options in that folder to load because it flashes through them so many times.
    I uninstalled SBM and re-installed. Doesn't make a difference.
    My pictures do not do this in any other program.
    What do I do to resolve this issue?

Hi Evyann!

Can you tell me what operating system you are using and what version of Scrapbook MAX! you have?

Thanks!

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

I'm using Windows 7 and have SBM 2.0

Hello!

Just to clarify - is this issue happening with photos only? Or with other elements? Where on your computer are your photos stored (are they on an external drive?). Have you moved the content (backgrounds, embellishments, etc. ) do a different location than the default?

Thanks!
    Karin

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

This problem is happening with all my papers, Elements, and Photos. It is happening with what came with the program and the expansion packs I bought. I have not moved them anywhere, they are still in their default location. I do have some other pictures, paper, elements I use that are stored in my pictures folder.
    I can access them from any other program with out any problems, but they have problems in SBM. I am getting quite frustrated, and need help to get this fixed.
    Is there a tech support number I can call to get some assistance with this?!?
    I have loved SBM until now, but I'm starting to loose my faith in it.

Default Please help me!!!!!

I have now even had my computer completely cleaned up (in case there was malware etc), and the problem still exists.
    Can anybody tell me the next step to fix this problem, or is this program and its contents just money that I have wasted?!?

Hi everyone!

I have encountering a similar issue with my photos and shapes... when I edit them as it displays the properties dialog... It happens suddenly.

I add papers and embies with the drag-and-drop technique... but I could try and check.

I have submitted the case to the support.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bits.

My PC is clean.

Is it due to one of the recent windows updates? Don't know...

Evyann, when did it occur for the first time?

BTW - Don't you have sometimes an issue with your Windows explorer?

I'm trying to figure if we have the similar problems...

Sandrine

P.S.: That explains why I haven't scrapped these past days... Was hoping for a *miracle*. LOL.

OK. I've checked. It also happens with embies and papers.
    I have also checked: my machine is*closed*. No Windows update since July.
    I'm going to try an uninstall of SBM...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled SBM twice, hasn't made a difference with mine.
    I'm glad to hear someone else is dealing with this same issue, because I'm really frustrated and not getting any help from SBM company.
    Do you have a direct phone number to get a hold of tech support?
    I hope uninstalling solves it for you.
    Scrapbooking isn't any fun this way is it

Hello Evyann,

The uninstall and reinstall of SBM havn't (unfortunately) changed anything.

I have uninstalled a software product which was installed a few days ago... to check there was no interference... nops...

In the meantime you can use the drag-and-drop technique for adding the embellishments as well as the papers.

For the papers don't use the thumbnails view but the list view.

Once again I have already opened a ticket at SBM for this issue... which isn't easy to solve... as they haven't been able to reproduce this issue.

I'm using SBM for more than 2 years... and it happens suddenly... so now we should find why...

As soon as I have news, I'll keep you updated.

BTW - Do you sometimes encounter issue with your Windows explorer... which doesn't reply?

Kind regards,
    Sandrine