+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advice or help with paper doll

I am trying to make a paper doll using childhood pictures of myself. I wish to use these as an embellishment on my pages. I am having problems with the coloring particularly the face and hair. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images

okay, I am not sure what you need help with but all I can say is WOW!!!! If you created that with a pic of yourself you did a fab job. There are some designers on this site that I am sure can give you pointers. So cool.

Thank you so much for the nice complement. It certainly encourages me to keep trying. I guess I am my own worse critique.lol

i love it too..really nice!

Thanks, do you have any suggestions on how i could make it better?

Hi Judifa I have done this I created a doll in SBM printed it then coloured it I then scanned it into my pictures hope this helps fonzzy

Thanks!

Fonzzy, How did you create it in SBM? What did you use to color it?

To change the colour tone in SBM software - you would need to know the program really well.
    As SBM changes the entire image when changing colour -
    1 you will need to duplicate your image in your layout probably 2 times - so you have three images.
    2 Then use eraser and erase everything but the face - so you can adjust the face colour
    3. then eraser again on the other copy and remove everything but the hair - to adjust the colour on the hair.
    4 Make sure all 3 images are lined up perfectly on top of one another so they all look like just one image. Also making sure you have them in the correct order. Full image at bottom, then face, then hair.

This is rather a lot of work but it is possible. Hope this helps.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Carena, thanks so much for the instructions. I may try that. Seems like alot but it will be a good experiment. In the meantime I may go back to my "Paint" program that came with my computer, or just stick with coloring them myself. Have a good day and I enjoy your kits!