• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • judifa
    • Apr 2012

How to make backgrounds transparent

Hello,
    My name is Judi and I am new to digital scrapbooking. This is definitly a "learn as you go" process for me as I am somewhat computer illiterate. I would like to know how to make a background transparent as I wish to incorporate some things from my home into my layouts. I have tried to do this in "Gimp" but have not had any success as it takes away some of the image I wish to keep.(particularly if the image has some of the same color as the background). Does anyone know of a simple way to do this, or a program that is not so complicated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

The best way is to use an eraser tool or a lasso tool or pen tool. There is no easy way to do it. It's hard work and takes a lot of time to do it well. It can be done in SBM Version 2 however photoshop is more suited for this but at a much higher cost and larger learning curve.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• judifa
      • Apr 2012

Thank you for responding to my question. I have done this in other programs which have a "free-hand" crop, but I haven't seen a "free-hand" crop in Srapbook Max (or have I missed it)? It would be nice if Scrap Max would include this in their program,especially for people like me who are not looking for personal gain but simply want to scrap pictures of their families for future generations. Again Thanks, and have a wonderful day!
      ps. I have scrapped some very nice pages in this program and am very pleased with the kits I have ordered and used.

Comment

• Carena
        Digi Sage
        • Jun 2007

Hi - they don't have a freehand crop tool but they do have an eraser in SBM Version 2. It's like using a rubber where you rub away what you don't want.
        Kind wishes from Carena
        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• judifa
          • Apr 2012

Thanks, I'll try it. I have some of your kits and am enjoying them very much. Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
          X