• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Sticky Mouse

This is a strange problem (most of my problems are strange! ) with my new computer I got a new Microsoft wireless keyboard and laser mouse. The keyboard is great, but I returned the first set because the mouse felt sluggish on the mousepad. The second set is just the same. I feel like I have to push the mouse around as it drags or sticks! I've cleaned the mousepad and sped up the mouse speed, but this laser mouse feels like a "real drag"!

Has anyone out there had this problem? Any suggestions! I hate to return it and go back to my old mouse.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Julie
  • poppabob
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
    This is a strange problem (most of my problems are strange! ) with my new computer I got a new Microsoft wireless keyboard and laser mouse. The keyboard is great, but I returned the first set because the mouse felt sluggish on the mousepad. The second set is just the same. I feel like I have to push the mouse around as it drags or sticks! I've cleaned the mousepad and sped up the mouse speed, but this laser mouse feels like a "real drag"!

Has anyone out there had this problem? Any suggestions! I hate to return it and go back to my old mouse.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    If the mouse is wireless, one of the things you have to look out for is interference from other items, like a monitor. I had a similar problem with mine. What had happened was my monitor was between the mouse and the "receiver" that plugged into the usb port on my computer. As soon as I moved the receiver away from my monitor on the other side the problems went away.

Hope that made sense.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Perfect sense!

Hi PoppaBob,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I think that may be the problem - I still have my great big old CRT monitor and I'm trying to find a place that won't interfere! It makes me feel less weird to know that you know what I'm talking about! I used to have a wireless mouse but it was a light mouse rather than laser - the old one didn't seem so sensitive!

Thanks again. I still haven't found a spot where the mouse feels loose, but will keep trying!

P.S. Even the center scroll wheel seems sluggish. Ugh!
      Julie

Comment

Working...
      X