Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

The 3 P's - Persistence, perseverence and patience will pay off - slow and steady wins the race!
    And if along the way , albeit a long road... remember that you are creating new habits and that will help the weight stay off permanently.
    What sort of eating program are you following?

Comment

• tin tin
      Digi Sage
      • Oct 2010

My eating program consists of cutting out processed foods (or most of) Basically I try to make sure that 30% of what I eat in a day is protein, 30% vegetables, up to 30% good fats, and I get my carbs from my green veggies. It works. Eating like a caveman. Eating clean is the term everyone uses I guess. I have derailed, but do get right back on. I have gained weight, but am not getting down on myself. I have to be optimistic, and realistic too - I have two younuns at home....lots of sleepless nights still make for loss of energy and not being able to perform. So....I take it easier on those days, and am getting back on my horse to keep going. Thank you for the encouragement Deanne, it is sweet.
      Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Moonbeam
        • Mar 2006

Sounds like a great healthy way of living. Thats mostly how I changed my eating habits too when I lost 25kgs without ever going hungry...except I ate unlimited fruit as well . Eating like we were made to eat! Only when man has refined ( in his great wisdom) the foods designed for our bodies and put the dollar and fast convenience ahead of nutrition has the weight and health poroblem exploded out of all proportion... and my waisline along with it LOL
        Do you eat any fruit at all? and if you don't why not? Whats the reasoning behind it? ( just interested - I'm a "why"person)
        Thought for the day: There are 21 meals in a week - IF you slip up and fall off the wagon for a couple- you'll still be ok! get back on the wagon and keep going.... 3 steps forward and 1 back will still get you where you want to go - just slower!!

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

Yes Deanne, I do eat fruit. Generally in the morning. Fruit throughout the day can often bloat, due to gases building up with other food lying underneat not digested....soo, a typical day for me consists of waking up and working out in the wee hours. Eating breakfast; egg whites with spinach sautéd in sesame oil along with my vitamins. Then 3 hours later I will have a grapefruit, strawberries, melon or kiwi with a protein shake or greek yogurt. 3 hours later is lunch which generally consists of salad and fish or poultry. 3 hours later is snack time, which is celery with peanut butter or homemade hummus, or will have cucumber or tomato or green pepper and a homemade protein bar. Then 3 hours later is supper time, which consists of lots of green veggies, lean meat and at that time if I want a dessert, then I will have fruit. bloating at the end of the day does not bother me.....it just that, the end of the day. When I get bored at night and am looking for snacks, I have a whey protein shake to tyde my sugar craving over. so far it si working.
          Your philosophy of two forward one back is definately necessary, and for sure, one meal derailing is not the end of the world, even two days worth of food mistakes is not the end of the world, what is important is you keep going on the right path. I definately still indulge, I think it is necessary, but as long as most of what you are putting in is easy for your liver to process without all the extra junk in it that is often associated with pretty packaging, well then you will be on the winning end. THE CAVEMAN DIET! lol.

Comment

• tin tin
            Digi Sage
            • Oct 2010

Week 14. My challenge has been unofficially extended to 20 weeks (I am currently on week 16 and still doing well)

Comment

• Moonbeam
              • Mar 2006

Good Girl! keep up the good work

Comment

• SBM Diane
                Digi Sage
                • Sep 2010

Comment

• Moonbeam
                  • Mar 2006

Very Good... aren't you going to tell us what it is please?

Comment

• SBM Diane
                    Digi Sage
                    • Sep 2010

Yes, Deanne. Sorry about that. I never listed the name of the product in any of my layouts because I thought I could not advertise here. Click on my layout and in my gallery there is a link to my blog were you may view information on the product. This natural drink is recommended for anyone struggling with weight loss. It is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference and physicians also use the product to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels. This product is a must have for anyone struggling in any of these areas. It has changed so many lives around the world. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Comment

• tin tin
                      Digi Sage
                      • Oct 2010

I know it is not a new kit, but it is fitting for many of our New Year's Resolutions!
                      here is the latest layout thanks to Kaye's challenge!

Comment

Working...
                      X