New user -- where do I find the backgrounds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Susie Milo
    • Feb 2012

New user -- where do I find the backgrounds??

Just bought the program and $55 worth of add-ons, and NO WHERE can I find the backgrounds.
    I've looked through the tutorials, I've looked through the files & galleries in my hard drive....
    No where can I find these -- and they are the main reason I bought the program.
    I'm about $95 into this, and can't find out how to add a stupid background!
    VERY frustrated and irritated!

Susie
    [email protected]
  • cheesepiece
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2010

Double click on the background of your page, check the box for background image, they will be there. Good luck with Sbm. It is a really good programme. If you have any other questions, just ask, the members and Designers here are very helpful.

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Susie,

Have you found them?
      They should be in your pc.

Sandrine
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hello!

Backgrounds in Scrapbook MAX! can be found by going to Page > Settings in the Scrapbook MAX! menu, then choose Background Image and Select. This will take you to the Backgrounds gallery where you will find your background image folders.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Comment

• Susie Milo
          • Feb 2012

Yes - they have been found (and added to)
          Thanks everyone.

Comment

• juliescraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Aug 2007

Glad you found them. SB Max is a great program once you figure out where everything is. Happy scrapping.

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Awesome! Enjoy!

Comment

• Tweety
                • Jan 2012

I was also confused at first. I love scrapbook max though. You can also bring kits that you get from elsewhere and bring them into scrapbook max.
                Tweety

Comment

• debrajdempsey@gmail.com
                  • Jun 2011

How do you bring other kits into Scrapbook Max? What format do those kits need to be in? I love this program but am a little slow learning new things. I know that I am not using tons of the wonderful features available, but I am taking small steps
                  Thanks
                  Deb

Comment

• Heather
                    • Jun 2012

I am wondering the same thing...how to get other kits, not from SBM into the program. I have tried opening the folder where I have the items saved and dragging them onto the page in SBM. I get a little circle with a slash indicating it's a no go. I also tried going to page/settings/browse to add something and the files won't show up in the browsing window. I am using the trial version. Perhaps these features would work to import things if I were using the full version.

Heather

Comment

• juliescraps
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Aug 2007

It should work in the trial version. Are you trying to drag a single element or background to the current page you are trying to work on? Once you drag it in it will ask if you want it as a element, photo, background or paperscrap. Maybe someone that can explain better will tell you how.

Comment

• Heather
                        • Jun 2012

Yes, I'm trying to drag a single element in and I just get the little black circle with a slash through it.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Jun 2010

Are you sure that the files are .png or .jpeg?
                          KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Heather
                            • Jun 2012

Thanks for your help on this. I checked the files and they are jpeg or png. I also tried copy and paste and when I right-clicked on the blank page in SBM, the paste option was not available (lighter color). I sent an e-mail to Gracie at SBM over the weekend and am awaiting a reply. I'm guessing it has to do with it being the trial version.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2009

Hi Heather, everyone has their own way of doing it, I find the easiest way for me is once I'm working on a page in SBM, I click on the photo icon (beside the embellishment icon) then when the window opens, I click on browse and then search through my documents to where I've saved the other programs.. the reason I choose the photo icon is because no matter what you choose after that, be it a picture, a background, a paper etc.. you can use the "change shape" and "eraser tool" afterwards.. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X