New user -- where do I find the backgrounds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heather
    • Jun 2012

Hmmm, still no luck. I tried going through the photo icon and got as far as opening a file of backgrounds, and nothing shows up in the file, as if it's empty. When I open the same file by going through my start menu on the computer and then to documents, etc., the files are there. They just don't show up when going through the browse on SBM, whether I go the photo icon route or page icon/settings/background image/browse.

Comment

• Tweety
      • Jan 2012

Hi Heather. Have you copied the file into the backgrounds folder. I have many kits that are not sbm kits but I copy the files over into the different folders eg, backgrounds, embellishments and they work the same as the sbm kits do.
      Tweety

Comment

• Heather
        • Jun 2012

No, I haven't tried that, yet. Can you explain how to get to those folders in SBM so that I can try copying items over?

Comment

• Tweety
          • Jan 2012

Go to your start button. Then Go to Documents. Find the folder Scrapbook Max. Click on that (Might have to be double Click) You should see a folder named "Gallery" In that folder there will be another folder Called "Images". In that folder there will be subfolders called "Backgrounds" and another one called Embellishments". The papers go in backgrounds and flowers, bows, etc go in embellishments.

Let me know how you go.
          Tweety

Comment

• Heather
            • Jun 2012

Well, I got as far as opening the Gallery folder and it says it's empty. I tried it with and without the SBM program open. I am running the trial versiion. I'm still wondering if that's the trouble.

Comment

• Tweety
              • Jan 2012

Did you try copying the files that you want into the gallery.
              Tweety

Comment

• Heather
                • Jun 2012

It worked! I copied them straight into the gallery folder and was able to get a background into the SBM program. Thanks so much, everyone, for your help. Happy scrapping!

Comment

• Wendy M
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Feb 2012

I add them by going to MY DOCUMENTS - SCRAPBOOKMAX - GALLERY - IMAGES and then choose where I would like to put them and make a new folder for my stuff to go.

Comment

• mommabear
                    • Sep 2011

YAY!!! This answer help me sooo much! I have had the program for months and months and have been so frustrated I bought sets from other companies for backgrounds. I just tried this answer and found my backgrounds here. I am so happy now! Thank you!

Comment

• Tweety
                      • Jan 2012

Pleased to hear. Sbm is the best scrapbooking program and to be able to add kits from other sources is great.
                      Tweety

Comment

• Valerie de Fluiter
                        • Aug 2012

Backgrounds question

I would like to use some of the backgrounds like scraps to use as matting, etc. Is it possible to do this, or can they only be used as the whole page?

Comment

• Wendy M
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Feb 2012

When you drag and drop them into max you can do just about anything to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X