+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It should work in the trial version. Are you trying to drag a single element or background to the current page you are trying to work on? Once you drag it in it will ask if you want it as a element, photo, background or paperscrap. Maybe someone that can explain better will tell you how.

Yes, I'm trying to drag a single element in and I just get the little black circle with a slash through it.

Are you sure that the files are .png or .jpeg?

KapiScrap or KapiColors aka Sandrine
    You can find my products in the SBM STORE! Have a look. Thanks!

Thanks for your help on this. I checked the files and they are jpeg or png. I also tried copy and paste and when I right-clicked on the blank page in SBM, the paste option was not available (lighter color). I sent an e-mail to Gracie at SBM over the weekend and am awaiting a reply. I'm guessing it has to do with it being the trial version.

Hi Heather, everyone has their own way of doing it, I find the easiest way for me is once I'm working on a page in SBM, I click on the photo icon (beside the embellishment icon) then when the window opens, I click on browse and then search through my documents to where I've saved the other programs.. the reason I choose the photo icon is because no matter what you choose after that, be it a picture, a background, a paper etc.. you can use the "change shape" and "eraser tool" afterwards.. good luck.

Hmmm, still no luck. I tried going through the photo icon and got as far as opening a file of backgrounds, and nothing shows up in the file, as if it's empty. When I open the same file by going through my start menu on the computer and then to documents, etc., the files are there. They just don't show up when going through the browse on SBM, whether I go the photo icon route or page icon/settings/background image/browse.

Hi Heather. Have you copied the file into the backgrounds folder. I have many kits that are not sbm kits but I copy the files over into the different folders eg, backgrounds, embellishments and they work the same as the sbm kits do.
    Tweety

No, I haven't tried that, yet. Can you explain how to get to those folders in SBM so that I can try copying items over?

Go to your start button. Then Go to Documents. Find the folder Scrapbook Max. Click on that (Might have to be double Click) You should see a folder named "Gallery" In that folder there will be another folder Called "Images". In that folder there will be subfolders called "Backgrounds" and another one called Embellishments". The papers go in backgrounds and flowers, bows, etc go in embellishments.

Let me know how you go.
    Tweety

Well, I got as far as opening the Gallery folder and it says it's empty. I tried it with and without the SBM program open. I am running the trial versiion. I'm still wondering if that's the trouble.