X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Moonbeam's Mid Month Challenge - FEB 2012

Colors affect us in numerous ways both mentally and physically. A strong red color has been shown to raise the blood pressure while a blue or soft pink color has a calming effect. That could be why our Creator gave us a soft restful blue sky and a lovely relaxing pink sunset at the end of the day . I love red but Imagine if the sky was bright red? Me thinks he knew what he was doing!

Being able to use colors consciously and harmoniously can help you create spectacular results in your scrapbook layouts.
    So this months ( February) Challenge is about using the RYB ( Red Yellow Blue)color wheel!

- so , a little Introduction to Color Theory
    With colors you can set a mood attract attention or make a statement. You can use color to energize or to cool down. By selecting the right color scheme you can create an ambiance of elegance warmth or tranquility or you can convey an image of playful youthfulness. Color can be your most powerful design element if you learn to use it effectively.

Lets look at the color wheel for this Challenge

****Too much of a Primary color is not usually good in large doses, but works well when you want something to stand out. BUT for this exercise we will use them just for the sake of learning more about THE COLOR WHEEL
    The challenge is to learn what Primary colors are and create your own secondary and tertiary colors:
    What are the Primary Colors?
    What are secondary colors ?
    What are tertiary colors?

If you think of schooling .primary, secondary and tertiary it will help you remember... I.e 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
    So again! Remember this
    Q.What are primary colors? A. RYB or red yellow Blue
    Q. What are Secondary colors?A. Secondary colors (E.G.green orange and purple) are created by mixing two primary colors.
    Q.What are tertiary Colors?A.Tertiary colors are created by mixing primary and secondary colors.

HERE IS THE CHALLENGE!!!
    Your mission - should you decide to accept it is to make your own secondary and tertiary colors using JUST SBMax ( It isn't Mission Impossible LOL)
    The page Must use Primary colors (Primary Colors= RYB red, yellow, blue)
    3. You must create Secondary and tertiary colors from the primary color you choose to use.!
    *There are more effective ways to do this with a graphics program but the challenge is to do it within Scrapbook Max.
    1. YOU must create a secondary color by putting 1 primary color on top of another and use the transparency slider to let the underneath color mix with the top one thereby creating a secondary colour
    2. Then YOU must create a Tertiary color by Taking a copy of your secondary colored object and moving the transparency slider even further to let MORE of the underneath color through.. Thereby in effect creating the tertiary color
    I have an example for you to see what I mean.

This kit I have made is very basic and plain and is not a pretty kit .. It is ONLY really for the purpose of showing you how to use the color wheel., and your pages COULD look a bit overpowering because Primary colors should be used in small amounts normally... But this is a learning curve.. You can overcome this by using more secondary and tertiary color that the primary! DO NOT make the primary colour dominate the page or it will be YUK!
    Once you have your 3 colors created YOU CAN add any of your own embellishments to jazz up your page but it MUST only be one of the 3 colors you now have.Once you get your colors there with the Papers .You can recolor any of the embies with the advance tab in SBMax to match .... And go ahead and decorate in your color scheme. ( No other colors) ANY TEXT should be black !
    any questions .. dont be afraid to ask!

click here to download the COLOR wheel KIT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM.
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

the kit and some examples of what the challenge is

Comment

• Moonbeam
      • Mar 2006

OOO I forgot to say... the end prize FOR everyone that paricipates is a free KIT from my recent releases in the store ..
      and for the one I choose as WINNER 3x free kits... yes THREE!!! so join in and have fun

Comment

• tin tin
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2010

great challenge moonbeam....I think we get so wrapped up on depending on the colours of the kits, or the actual eyedropper, we forget about the basic fixes ourselves. Awesome!
        Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• makeyesup
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2006

Challenge sounds intriguing and fun.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Kimmyann
            Scrap Guru
            • Mar 2009

I am home sick, and can't lay in the bed no longer. So I got online and saw this challenge. I tried to play with the red and blue.... but it didn't work for me. So Yellow and Blue = Green (I FEEL GREEN Today)

Great Challenge Moonbeam.... Hope this page is what you was looking for

[IMG][/IMG]
            Hugs!!

Comment

• tin tin
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2010

great job Kimmyman. it is gorgeous....really is
              Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Kimmyann
                Scrap Guru
                • Mar 2009

Thanks Tin Tin!!
                Hugs!!

Comment

• Moonbeam
                  • Mar 2006

Hi guys, .. cant wait to see all your pages.. and Kimmyann..... perfect!!! exactly the idea... I wonder why the red/blue didnt work for you??? maybe didnt move the slider/transparency enough???
                  we have seen red & Blue and Yellow& Blue ... who wants to try red/yellow??

get over feeling green real soon... hope youre back feeling well soon xoxo

Comment

• Kimmyann
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Mar 2009

Here is another (Red and Blue)

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Hugs!!

Comment

• fonzzy
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Feb 2011

Comment

• fonzzy
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Feb 2011

How Do I Delete This
                        Last edited by fonzzy; 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Mar 2009

Here is a bright one

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Hugs!!

Comment

• fonzzy
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2011

url=http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/design-team-challenges/p51952-mid-month-challenge-feb.html][/url]
                            Red and Yellow a bit bright

Comment

• Kimmyann
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Mar 2009

Great Job Fonzzy!!
                              Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                              X