+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Here's my attempt of yellow and blue. I had a hard time trying to get them to blend correctly

Well, seeing that this challenge is all really about making your color scheme match and look good... yours lokk fine.
    and NOW !!! I wonder if anyone is up to this challenge?

Lets look at the color wheel AGAIN..AND THIS TIME MAKE A PAGE WITH COMPLIMENTARY COLORS

I WILL DO ONE SHORTLY AND POST IT..
    The Idea with complimentary colors is NOT to use too much... ... just imagine you choose a hand bag to compliment your out fit.. maybe you have a floral dress and want to bring out one color.

USE the wheel to choose your primary color and then find something to add that complimentary colar on the wheel..
    I want YOU to look thru your stash of goodies and find your own papers and embellishments for this part...use what you like.. it can be patterned etc but just keep the color theme... obviously if its a floral or something there may be other bits of color in it but STICK to the main colors being that of the theme in the color wheel

The last part of the challenge was about you making colors ..sceondary and Tertiary, but this is more about beauty and style as well as colors that go together.. so make it lovely

click on the color wheel image to enlarge it then right click and save
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 02-17-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Yeah, I finally got my purple in I hope this is right. I used Fiona's kit Lilac Skies

Nice Letha,
    I was just about to post and say thatyou can use a lighter shade of the primary color on the wheel and its complimentary color.
    Notice on the new color wheel above that there are arrows showing each complimentary colour.
    The color shown that goes with purple is in fact yellow... so lighter shades would be mauve/Lemon...

Letha used soft green which looks great too... because it is the next door neighbour in colour to yellow on the wheel... so be adventurous ...
    heres my example of red and >>>>>>yellow opposite (Lightened to pink and lemon)

Nice page Letha.

Maybe I should try lighter colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy M View Post

Maybe I should try lighter colours.
    Lovely layout Wendy...you could try lighter colors or you could do Darker IF you ever feel it's too overpowering.. remember I mentioned at the outset that using strong primary colours might be a bit that way.
    This challenge now is about using the complimenting colour as just an accent or hight light to pick out colours in a photo.
    Your photo here is stunning and its hard though with just 2 colours...
    one thing to remeber when making a page guys is when you use a colour like the green for example... look at the HUE.. there are lots of greens and sometimes they can clash ( true in any colour with different hues)
    Some of the greens are olive or yellowy greens where as the green in the photo is a blue green..
    USE your eye dropper to pick a colour from the photo to make it the same HUE then adjust the lightness/ darkness to suit your taste
    I took the liberty of scraplifting your phot of Amy and using the same green hue in the photo and matching the same hue of RED with the eyedropper... and just highlights of red..to lift the DARK green.

Option #2 ... If you dont want the page so "dark" add the lighter green matching it to the green shades in the photo.
    Scrapbook max is great for adjusting the hues of pieces we use ..It's all about making OUR photo look great by matching the lements TO the photo we use. Color is everything in a layout

I did try the dark green before but read your post about the shades of colour later. I've got 2 screens open one with the challenge and another with Max and tried to follow by the letter . Great job with the Photo. I love the bubbles! Thanks

I should have posted it all together .......Following to the Letter gets you 10 out of 10
    Your layout is great .... There are so many different ways to present things .You truly are doing a great job of finding your way around Max. Did you know you can change the shade of background papers? , If you choose an image for a BGround... simply choose also the colour you want and move the transparency slider. and the colour will show through the pattern of your paper. Just another thing you can learn and play with. I think you are amazing to be joining in challenges and posting seeing youre so new. I can see a future designer coming up here. It took me ages to be game to post anything. I look forward to seeing lots more of your work Wendy... and I must say what a cute little girl Amy is

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
    I should have posted it all together .......Following to the Letter gets you 10 out of 10
    Your layout is great .... There are so many different ways to present things .You truly are doing a great job of finding your way around Max. Did you know you can change the shade of background papers? , If you choose an image for a BGround... simply choose also the colour you want and move the transparency slider. and the colour will show through the pattern of your paper. Just another thing you can learn and play with. I think you are amazing to be joining in challenges and posting seeing youre so new. I can see a future designer coming up here. It took me ages to be game to post anything. I look forward to seeing lots more of your work Wendy... and I must say what a cute little girl Amy is
    This is a big passion of mine. Some days things just come together and other days they do not. Sometimes I have a photo exactly how I want and nothing seems to fit. I can sit for 3-4 hour and come up with nothing. Max is really fantastic and for the first time I can really put an idea on paper. I have much to learn thats for sure and the girls here has made it real easy. Amy is my little angel and getting to the cute stage as she's learning to say things. Thanks.