• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Wendy M View Post

Maybe I should try lighter colours.
    Lovely layout Wendy...you could try lighter colors or you could do Darker IF you ever feel it's too overpowering.. remember I mentioned at the outset that using strong primary colours might be a bit that way.
    This challenge now is about using the complimenting colour as just an accent or hight light to pick out colours in a photo.
    Your photo here is stunning and its hard though with just 2 colours...
    one thing to remeber when making a page guys is when you use a colour like the green for example... look at the HUE.. there are lots of greens and sometimes they can clash ( true in any colour with different hues)
    Some of the greens are olive or yellowy greens where as the green in the photo is a blue green..
    USE your eye dropper to pick a colour from the photo to make it the same HUE then adjust the lightness/ darkness to suit your taste
    I took the liberty of scraplifting your phot of Amy and using the same green hue in the photo and matching the same hue of RED with the eyedropper... and just highlights of red..to lift the DARK green.

Comment

• Moonbeam
      • Mar 2006

Option #2 ... If you dont want the page so "dark" add the lighter green matching it to the green shades in the photo.
      Scrapbook max is great for adjusting the hues of pieces we use ..It's all about making OUR photo look great by matching the lements TO the photo we use. Color is everything in a layout

Comment

• Wendy M
        Mad Scrapper
        • Feb 2012

I did try the dark green before but read your post about the shades of colour later. I've got 2 screens open one with the challenge and another with Max and tried to follow by the letter . Great job with the Photo. I love the bubbles! Thanks

Comment

• Moonbeam
          • Mar 2006

I should have posted it all together .......Following to the Letter gets you 10 out of 10
          Your layout is great .... There are so many different ways to present things .You truly are doing a great job of finding your way around Max. Did you know you can change the shade of background papers? , If you choose an image for a BGround... simply choose also the colour you want and move the transparency slider. and the colour will show through the pattern of your paper. Just another thing you can learn and play with. I think you are amazing to be joining in challenges and posting seeing youre so new. I can see a future designer coming up here. It took me ages to be game to post anything. I look forward to seeing lots more of your work Wendy... and I must say what a cute little girl Amy is

Comment

• Wendy M
            Mad Scrapper
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Moonbeam View Post
            I should have posted it all together .......Following to the Letter gets you 10 out of 10
            Your layout is great .... There are so many different ways to present things .You truly are doing a great job of finding your way around Max. Did you know you can change the shade of background papers? , If you choose an image for a BGround... simply choose also the colour you want and move the transparency slider. and the colour will show through the pattern of your paper. Just another thing you can learn and play with. I think you are amazing to be joining in challenges and posting seeing youre so new. I can see a future designer coming up here. It took me ages to be game to post anything. I look forward to seeing lots more of your work Wendy... and I must say what a cute little girl Amy is
            This is a big passion of mine. Some days things just come together and other days they do not. Sometimes I have a photo exactly how I want and nothing seems to fit. I can sit for 3-4 hour and come up with nothing. Max is really fantastic and for the first time I can really put an idea on paper. I have much to learn thats for sure and the girls here has made it real easy. Amy is my little angel and getting to the cute stage as she's learning to say things. Thanks.

Comment

• Moonbeam
              • Mar 2006

I've seen other pages you have posted in the gallery .. and you have got the knack

Comment

• lindaathome
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2010

Here's my attempt at the Complimentary page. I chose the purple in Mickey's hat as the complimentary color to the Orange in the photo. I used Carena's Orange Spice Kit, recoloring of course. The photo is so busy I tried to stay simple with the embies.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• makeyesup
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2006

Such awesome work here. I decided to go just a little different as I used the same format of the original layout to make my second one.

Here's the first one using the base color red with blue over it.

And here's the second one going with the red lightened to pink to go along with her shirt and added the complimentary color of green, which I kept dark for contrast.

Used some sharpening techniques on the photo in PSE.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• fonzzy
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2011

Colour choice taken from belt and background in photo

Comment

• Moonbeam
                      • Mar 2006

It truly does make the red belt stand out.. well done. nice page Fonzzy

Comment

• tin tin
                        Digi Sage
                        • Oct 2010

this is my attempt with green and Purple.....the credits are in the gallery, but definately had fun with it.
                        Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

and another......this one is blue and orange as complimentary colours. Credits in the gallery.
                          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Moonbeam
                            • Mar 2006

Good job, Tin Tin and makeEyesUp... will send you your free kit for being in the fun.. check your PM.
                            I have been sending the free kit as you guys post... please let me know IF I have missed anyone
                            thanks

Comment

• Saviscrap
                              • Nov 2011

You missed me........lol

Comment

• Moonbeam
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wench View Post
                                You missed me........lol
                                YOU DONT GET ONE -- YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BEHAVING YOUR SELF LATELY

P.S. Kaye is on my Design Team so any of my designers get all my kits free anyway .. so I'm not really being nasty to ther LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X