+ Reply to Thread

Default What do you do if.....

you get stuck for journalling material?

What i mean is, if you just have a nice photo, I have lot's of these because I often take some girls out for a photos shoot, just so I can take photos and play with some photos.

Really there is not a lot of story behind them, just we went out for the afternoon and posed for some shots....that isn't interesting reading material is it? lol

So what I DO, is look for quotes on the internet.

let me, and our fellow scrapbook Max members, know what you might do. I am really interested to know.

I have a little challenge too!! what journalling would you do on this page? I don't have any buttons or kits to give away lol, I would just like to see what some of you experienced ones would do.

I actually took this shot of Jessica when she was having her make-up done for her wedding. I loved how it turned out

Thanks

Journalling is something I hate and avoid at all costs. LOL. Just go for quotes or sometimes something really simple - a word - "Beautiful"
    Check around the gallery for ideas. Repeated words often work well. I know what you mean though - there sometimes isn't really a store behind a photo.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I agree with Carena that a simple word or phrase can look fantastic. I actually was in this situation just the other day, where I received gorgeous photos from friends of our family who I haven't seen in a while. I wanted to make a few layouts for them because the photos were so amazing, but since I hadn't been at the event with them, I didn't know what to "say" on the layout. I definitely thought of just letting the photos and the embies "do the talking", but then I saw Sandrine's January challenge here:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/t...ine-Boarqueiro

Surprise, surprise - it has a perfect solution for my project - making "customized paper" with a few simple captions, and playing with fonts and transparencies, etc. Anyway, I know you know all about this wench since I saw your "Lavendar" layout in that challenge!

So I guess that's definitely my solution when you want to add journalling but don't know what to write - you can pick a few words that capture the spirit of the photo. This is how my layout turned out:

(Layout credits: The background is from Michelle McCoy's "Elegance" and the floral embie from her "ShoobyDooWop" kits from Fresh as Spring Expansion Pack)

I think if I was to do the same for your layout, I would repeat words like Beauty, Grace, Elegance - because these words certainly describe the photo and the page!

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 02-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Really great!!!!

BTW - I love pages with journaling :-) But you won't often seen my layouts with a "long journaling" as these pages are very personal... I don't publish them as I write names, places, etc. :-)

But Carena is right... You don't need to write a "book" for each page... a simple quote can look really great!!!

Sandrine

Thanks guys for the tips and what you do.

Karin your page looked really good, and really I guess it captured the essence of the occasion.

Sandrine, I know what you mean too, I guess I don't like to write too much either because it is personal some of the things and not something for the whole world to see.

I agree about the personal journalling. Seems alot of people share way to much about their personal life on the internet these days with no real thought about what they are doing and who will see it.
    At the same time - would still love to see these pages in the gallery. The only solution is to save your Personal page and then edit the text with something less personal or remove text all together to show us your beautiful pages.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Carena View Post
    The only solution is to save your Personal page and then edit the text with something less personal or remove text all together to show us your beautiful pages.
    Exactly!!!
    I can publish the photos of my kids... but I never write the place where I live... We never know :-) People only know that I live somewhere in the south west of France... my life is personal... and it's also a question of "security" for my kids.

Good advice!

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Very pretty pages wench and Karin....
    I guess I feel the same about journaling....What I have been doing lately, is I will make my layout, get it printed out without any journaling on it, so I can show it off on the net, and when I print it out, I take a permanent marker, and hand write something in the empty area.... LIke for your page wench, I would add a phrase from a lovely wedding poem or something...<wink>
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!