X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove February 2012 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, we feature a great freebie mini-kit and a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

Michelle's Challenge:

This month is all about love, romance, anniversaries, and spending time with your sweeties. Using my free mini kit (made to match my Love Me Kit and Templates), we are going to make a layout to show off some of those moments. (The mini kit is broken up into two .zip files, attached. Download, extract the folders, and then drag and drop the images into Scrapbook MAX! to use in your pages.)

You will notice that most of the items are grey-scaled, there is a reason for this! I want you to practice your "colorization" skills in Scrapbook MAX! using my color swatch (included in my freebie kit) as your guideline.

To recolor the embellishments, drag them into Scrapbook MAX! and add to the page as an Embellishment. Double-click on the embie, then choose the Advanced tab on the Embellishment Properties. There, you can adjust Saturation, Hue and Lightness to recolor. For the backgrounds, do the same thing except this time add the background papers to your page as Paper Scraps (this will allow you to recolor them in the same way that you did with embellishments). For a details Tutorial on how to colorize, please click here.

Use ONLY the items in my mini. You are able to make your own items as well from the backgrounds or elements. (For example, use a background and a shape to make a frame, etc). Don’t hesitate to give your creations away so our community members can use them as well. All items must match the color palette. Upload your layout to the Designer’s section in the Gallery, then upload it in this thread.

By the way, it would be great to see captions that match the color swatch as well! To recolor caption text, choose Object > Caption or click on the Caption icon in the menu. On the caption properties box, choose the color picker. At the bottom of the color picker, select More Colors. This turns your cursor into an eye-dropper. You can move the eye-dropper onto an item on your page that you want to color-match your text to. So, be sure that you've added the swatch to your page (you can always delete it from your page after), and match away! For a detailed Tutorial on how to use the color-picker, please click here.

Remember, have fun and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you need help… that's part of the fun and learning of a scrapbook challenge!

Be sure to check out the Feburary 2012 issue of The Groove. Get inspired to join a challenge, and find all the details about our new official Facebook Page, with more scrapbooking fun than ever!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

He he - I'm first. LOL. A fun challenging challenge but here is my result with some help from Shapes. Just love using them and they can really add a lot to a layout.
    Thanks Michelle for another great challenge this month. Hugs
    For Credits - Please click image. Cheers
    Last edited by Carena; 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Nice page Carena!
      Great challenge Michelle!
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

Ok hope I did everything right here.

I love using shapes too Carena!! So the hearts are made, using one of Carenas shapes.
        I made the white dangly bits hanging from the flowers on the frame by using the ribbon text and putting in stars * and this thing ~ lol do you love my use of terms!!
        I used photoshop to made the words covered by the background paper.
        And that is a picture of my hubby and me 11 years ago!
        So I hope it is all in accord with the rules.

Comment

• Tweety
          • Jan 2012

I am not sure if this is where I should post this. But how do you link to the layout gallery(in this case the challenge gallery) after you have uploaded to the gallery.
          Tweety

Comment

• Carena
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2007

Tweety - in the gallery area there are links at bottom of page - I think if you copy and paste the 2nd link LINKED IMAGE - will not only add layout to the thread but also link to gallery. Hugs
            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Letha
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2007

Here's mine:
              L love the shapes too!

Comment

• Letha
                Layout Whiz
                • Feb 2007

Hey, I am not too sure why it looks blurry here.

Comment

• Letha
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Feb 2007

here's another

Comment

• fonzzy
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2011

Comment

• Tweety
                      • Jan 2012

These are absolutely Beautiful. I will never be able to do anything as fabulous as these.
                      Tweety

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tweety View Post
                        These are absolutely Beautiful. I will never be able to do anything as fabulous as these.
                        Don't put yourself down. I know you can come up with something just as fabulous. Sometimes, it takes extra time but with practice you will be a winner. Really many of us cheat with shapes. LOL. Hugs
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Saviscrap
                          • Nov 2011

As carena said tweety, stick with it, practice alot! and doing the challenges on this forum really, really helps, you learn many things, believe me I know, that is why i keep doing them, well they are fun too :-), but I have learn't heaps.

And don't give up on a challenges either, that is why they are called challenges, because you can get a light bulb moment at any time and create something fantastic!

Comment

• Tweety
                            • Jan 2012

Tweety

Comment

• Saviscrap
                              • Nov 2011

another one I did, this was made with a lot of shapes too, looove shapes

Comment

Working...
                              X