X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nannyree
    • Oct 2009

Adding pages or whole albums

There should be a way to add all the pages to an album that you are working on. It takes forever to add one page at a time. Should be able to go to a Theme name and click on that Theme and upload all the pages in that Theme and so on. It takes 20 times longer to get an album made because of this. If the artwork wasn't so beautiful, I would not use this program at all. I've been waiting 2 years (at least) for upgrades to their program to make it more user friendly and many complaint letters, personally sent but not on this forum. Hopefully, if enough people complain, they will start updating their program to make it easier to use.
  • Taitah
    • Nov 2009

I love ScrapbookMax & find it fun & easy to use. But I do agree with Nannyree. It would save so much time if I could bring in more than one embellishment or paper at a time. This includes bringing in from my browser. If I could hold down 'Ctrl & Alt' and bring in more than one chose-that would save soooo much time!

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

To add multiple embellishments or papers you can use the drag and drop method. It's faster.

If you create a new scrapbook you can add all the pages (templates) of a set in one time.

Sandrine
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Taitah
        • Nov 2009

I tried to drag & drop but it doesn't work. Exactly how do you do it? Thanks.

Comment

• KapiScrap
          Scrap Guru
          • Jun 2010

Which version of SBM do you have?

I'll send you a link to a video which shows how it works, OK?

Comment

• Taitah
            • Nov 2009

I have version 2.0.7.0 thanks.

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

Taitah,

1. Open Scrapbook MAX, then your project... Reduce the size of the Scrapbook MAX window; it shouldn't fulfilled all your screen.

2. Open the folder where your kit is stored on your disk. If you use a kit included in a SBM Expansion Pack please browse your C:/ directory...
              For instance I want to use the kit Sucreries de Noel (incl. in the Scrapbook MAX Christmas Cheer Pack) then I open this file Sucreries de Noel which is located here:
              C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrapbook MAX! 2.0\Gallery\Images\Embellishments\Sucreries de Noel
              So I will have a second window (Windows window) where I can view the embellishments incl. in the Sucreries de Noel kit (think to display the files as thumbnail in the Windows window)

3. Now you want to add an embellishment included in this kit on your Scrapbook MAX design space...
              Click the embellishment in the Windows window, while pressing the left button of your mouse move the mouse on your design workspace... then stop pressing the left button.
              A dialog box will then appear asking you how you want to add the item: as a photo, an embellishment, a paperscrap...
              Select AS AN EMBELLISHMENT.

If this dialog box (Drag and drop assistant) doesn't appear please in Scrapbook MAX select the menu: EDIT -> PREFERENCES
              Tab: Environment
              Uncheck the option "Automatically create object (don't ask)" in the drag and drop section

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
              Last edited by KapiScrap; 03-05-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Taitah
                • Nov 2009

I followed your instructions but it did not work. When I click on the embellishment & drag, there is a circle with a line in it, but no embellishment when I release the mouse button.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jun 2010

Are you sure they are .png files?

Can you do a screenshot? so I could try to figure the issue...

Sandrine

Comment

• makeyesup
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2006

When dragging and dropping, the only time I got the little circle with the line thru it was when I accidentally picked a file that wasn't a .jpg or .png type as others are not compatible with Max.
                    Last edited by makeyesup; 03-06-2012, 06:21 AM.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Taitah
                      • Nov 2009

Yes they are .png files. Even the embellishments from the SBM kits cannot be dragged & dropped. Can I do a screen shot? -you're getting too technical for me now!! That's another lesson! #;-)

Comment

• Taitah
                        • Nov 2009

HURRAY!! I just solved the problem. I was trying to bring the embellishment in from the SBM 'Select Embellishment' window. After reading your instructions several times Sandrine, I realized what i was doing wrong. Thank you Sandrine & Makeyesup. Scrapladies are so nice & helpful!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Jun 2010

Excellent!

Happy to know that the issue is fixed.

Sandrine

Comment

• Taitah
                            • Nov 2009

Doesn't the drag & drop work with the SBM 'Select Embellishment' window?

Comment

• KapiScrap
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Jun 2010

nops :-(

Sandrine

Comment

Working...
                              X