X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

The Groove December 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, we feature a great freebie mini-kit and a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

From Sandrine:

The Reindeer Village kit will be released in the SBM store on December.This addon has been designed especially for The Groove Challenge.

I want to share this special freebie because:

1. Soon it will be Christmas, and I want to give SBM users a Christmas gift!

2. I’m very new in the SBM store so this is a way for you to discover my work.

3. And I also want SBM users to have the very first look at my next kit: Reindeer Village!

The Challenge

With these adorable freebie, you could easily make two layouts! So, that's the challenge!

First layout

Make a page with ALL the items included in the freebie. You can use them as many times as you want. You should have an ONLY ONE photo that you should place into the frame (item: KapiScrap_ReindeerVillage_embie10).Please don’t modify the colors of the embies and the papers for this challenge.

Second layout

Make a page with ALL the items included in the freebie. You can use them as many times as you want. You should have two photos on your pages and each photo should be placed into a circle frame. You should also add two papers into a circle frame. Please don’t modify the colors of the embies and the papers for this challenge.

Be sure to check out the December 2011 issue of The Groove. Get inspired to scrap beautiful Christmas pages, and all the details about the "Christmas Cheer" Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, BRAND NEW FOR 2011!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 01-01-2012, 09:55 AM.
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

Hello!

This is Sandrine!!!

I hope that you'll be a lot to join this new challenge. I have made especially for you this addon to Reindeer Village (well it's like a "mini kit")... and as I know you LOVE circles :-) I have included a frame circle.

So when I wrote the challenge I thought that my new kit Reindeer Village would be released later... but finally it was already on store yesterday. You could see my layouts in the SBM gallery.

Well, well, I hope that you'd like this new challenge!!! and you'll have fun with this addon to... Reindeer Village!!!

So... download the addon... read the instructions... and start your pages! You have all the month to create your two layouts.

Sandrine
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Kimmyann
      Scrap Guru
      • Mar 2009

Page 1 - Love the Kit KapiColors

[IMG][/IMG]
      Hugs!!

Comment

• CourtneyV
        • Jan 2011

I just downloaded and I only have one color of paper in the scrap section to choose from for this page? I don't have the tan or dark colored paper? I even tried downloading twice. Are these other two papers hidden somewhere? I always have trouble finding my downloaded items, so this is nothing new with me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Page 2

[IMG][/IMG]
          Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
            Scrap Guru
            • Mar 2009

the beige and blue with reindeer are in the backgrounds. (that tab looks like a page with a wrench) Hope this helps

Originally posted by CourtneyV View Post
            I just downloaded and I only have one color of paper in the scrap section to choose from for this page? I don't have the tan or dark colored paper? I even tried downloading twice. Are these other two papers hidden somewhere? I always have trouble finding my downloaded items, so this is nothing new with me. Any help would be much appreciated.
            Hugs!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

Thanks Kimmyann for replying.

In Scrapbook MAX you have 2 folders for papers:
              Backgrounds: the largest size (for me 12 x 12)
              Paper scraps: the smallest size (for me 6 x 6)

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
              Last edited by KapiScrap; 12-02-2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                Scrap Guru
                • Jun 2010

Kimmyann,

Your 2 layouts are very beautiful!!!! You were so quick :-)

Sandrine

Comment

• SBM Diane
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2010

Thank you Sandrine for the pretty mini and for hosting the challenge! Pretty layouts Kimmyann!

Comment

• CourtneyV
                    • Jan 2011

Okay, I can't find a background tab with a wrench anywhere. I know I have the current version too! Is that supposed to be on the tool bar?

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
                    Page 2

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• CourtneyV
                      • Jan 2011

Okay, and I am obviously computer challenged since I attached your page to my question! I found the background tab, but it was under page settings and there was no sign of a wrench? I am really slow with this. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Letha
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Feb 2007

very cute kit. Thanks for the kit and the challenge!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Mar 2009

Courtyney, when you find the background tab (it ihas a small wrench on it) click the Background image, once that box opens, the left side shows all the different kits and background, find the reindeer addon image, click on it, you will then see the back grounds. You will be a Pro in no time

Okay, and I am obviously computer challenged since I attached your page to my question! I found the background tab, but it was under page settings and there was no sign of a wrench? I am really slow with this. Thanks again for your help.
                          Hugs!!

Comment

• Letha
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2007

no wrench seen on the background tab in SBM2. It is under the settings tab, next to the delete a page. If you would like to use it as a paper scrap, you can open the paper tab, browse, thru and navigate to find the background kit you would like to use

Comment

• KapiScrap
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Jun 2010

Courtney, Sorry if I haven't replied but I"m in France... that was the night when you asked your question. Is it OK now?

Letha, Great pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandrine

Comment

Working...
                              X