• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Designer Monthly Challenge - December 2011 - Hosted by Fiona Storey

♫ ♪ Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the wayyyyyyy ♪ ♫

Oh yes it's that dreaded month of the year, the one where we start to panic as we haven't got anything ready for the big day!!!!

Some of the best gifts you can give are hand crafted and just to help you with making them this months challenge is going to be all about making gifts with Scrapbook Max - so just to add a bit of fun and a different slant on scrapbooking this months challenge is all about hybrid scrapping (hybrid meaning print and cut out to make into a physical item)

I have designed a little 12 page booklet that can make such a great little gift for family members, these are brilliant for grandparents, aunts, uncles, school teachers, teenagers friends and are so cheap and easy to make

I have added the greyscale template so you can all make your very own version of the booklet or if you are feeling extra creative you could always design and upload a template of your own so others can make a hybrid from your design, be that gift boxes, cards, calanders etc

Rules:

1) using the template attached make your very own memory booklet
    2) If you wish to design and make your own hybrid design please do, remember to share the template so others can have a go too
    3) all pages are to be uploaded to the gallery and the link posted in this thread
    4) Challenge ends 31st December

My-Scrapbook-000-Page-1.jpgMy-Scrapbook-003-Page-4.jpgMy-Scrapbook-001-Page-2.jpgMy-Scrapbook-002-Page-3.jpgMy-Scrapbook-004-Page-5.jpg
    The template is set to 8 x 8 but if you wish to make a larger version you can easily reset the pages to 10 x 10 or 12 x 12
    You can download the greyscale template here: FST_December_challenge_hybrid.sm2t

To add a little fun you could always lamenate the pages once they are cut out and add the booklet to a keyring or move the photo areas and make them slightly smaller so you can add a calander to each page

PS it would be great if once you have completed, cut out and put your hybrid together to take a photograph and share that so we can see your glorious creativity
    Last edited by angelwithin; 12-01-2011, 02:11 PM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Below is the link to download a fully decorated, ready to print template of this cute little photo notebook.

hybrid.jpg

, Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

very quiet here....have I stumped you all *grins*

, Check out my store
      Here

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Wow!!!! Great Idea!!
        Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
          Digi Sage
          • Sep 2010

Thank you Fiona! What a great challenge! I love learning new things!

Comment

• Letha
            Layout Whiz
            • Feb 2007

The hardest thing is to choose which pics to choose....hmmm, decisions decisions...I'll be back after search through the thousands of photos....

Comment

• fourfoxes
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2007

As a new grammie . . .. you know what I'm going to do. . . . xx

Debby
              My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• grannywin
                Layout Whiz
                • Sep 2006

Thanks Fiona for the challenge. This program can do so much more than scrapbook pages. I am glad to see you challenged us to give it a try.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Mar 2009

Here is mine - I chose to do hunting and Animals. Fixing to print/cut out/and put together

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Hugs!!

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

brilliant Kimmyann

, Check out my store
                    Here

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

here's the photos of how to make the booklet up after printing

I made this one as an inspirational quote booklet, not a photo in sight lol

this one has been made on card, and as per norm when I need something it's gone walkabout so I had to manually poke all the holes through with scissors instead of using a hole punch.

A tip for making the booklet longer lasting is to laminate them once they have been cut and scored, or you can use hole punch reinforcers.

My-Scrapbook-000-Page-1.jpg
                      The finished product
                      My-Scrapbook-001-Page-2.jpg
                      Last edited by angelwithin; 12-03-2011, 08:01 PM.

, Check out my store
                      Here

Comment

• grannywin
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Sep 2006

Fiona, I am afraid the "older" program doesn't like this template. I couldn't upload it to SBM-vs. 1. Your sample was so nice. It tempted me to create my own template if the time allows. It will be fun to see what is displayed on this forum this month. Guess this is another reason for me to finally upgrade! Santa.....are you listening?

Comment

• SBM Diane
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2010

Very pretty Fiona!

Comment

• fourfoxes
                            Digi Sage
                            • Oct 2007

Love it! This is a wonderful challenge and I'm working on mine. Should be up for showing soon.

Debby
                            My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2009

Call me stumped and intrigued... I've got it downloaded... there goes my Sunday afternoon, LOL - This is why I haven't been on SBM in so long.. I start scrapping, and you can't get me off this darn computer!! Housework, laundry... Bah.. it'll wait.. Same reason I haven't picked up a book in ages.. once I start, I can't stop till I'm done! last night was the first time I scrapped in ages, I was up till 1:30 a.m.!! OYE.... - K, this looks fun.. off I go.. Thanks a bunch Fionna, very cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X