• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

How much to feed a Thrush Fledgling

My house is turning into the SPCA. I have 4 wild ducklings that the SPCA has asked me to look after. We released 2 the other day and have 4 remaining.

But today - my cat brought home a thrush fledgling - he has all feathers except tail feathers. We put him back outside but don't know where the cat got him from and no mother bird has claimed him. So, now I have him to take care of. My problem is I don't know how much cat food to feed him. I will ring SPCA tomorrow and ask them as I know they often get them in to look after having seen them there while picking up ducklings. LOL.
    The cat food I'm using is the little soft cat food in gravy, so nice and slippery to slide down the throat. He sees to eat it well enough but just don't know how much and how often . Anyone with any ideas?
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • juliescraps
    Layout Whiz
    • Aug 2007

Wow, I wish I could help. Sounds fun with all the little critters to care for. You should make some scrap pages of them. Would Love to see the Thrush Fledgling I am not sure what it looks like.

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Sadly my thrush died. Guess we can just have the knowledge we did the best we could to help the little fellow. Nature can be harsh sometimes.
      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• juliescraps
        Layout Whiz
        • Aug 2007

Sorry the Thrush is gone.

Comment

• Carena
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2007

Jasper had another thrush this morning - I got it off him and locked him inside for a while. Can't find the thrush now so hopefully it's mother has taken it to another property safer than ours.
          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
          X