Help...what size should I make my pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockybelle
    • Oct 2011

Help...what size should I make my pages?

Hi everyone,
    I am very new to scrapbook max 2.0....In fact I have only done one page!! I have been a traditional scrapbook-er for years and usually used the 12x12 format for my books. However, I have seen a few posts about trying to find someone to print the 12x12 formats. So, I was wondering if it was a smart idea to just start off in a smaller format so it would be easier to get printed later if I choose too? Also, I am running into the problem of trying to find someone who can scan my paper scrapbooks in the the 12x12 size. No one has a scanner that big....any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance!!
  • fonzzy
    Layout Whiz
    • Feb 2011

I was told if you have an A3 printer you can print your photos 12 x12 I have not tried this yet but when you see the size of A3 photo paper it looks possible fonzzy

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Hi!

What I do is the following thing...

I always make my layout in 3600 x 3600 px (ie 12 x 12).

I print them on my personal photo printer... which accepts the A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) as a max. size.

I always export my layout as .jpeg - full size 100% jpeg (it's the way I do)... I then use the software tool of my printer and I choose to print my "square" layout on a A4 paper with blank border... I then cut the blank border and I get a final photo of 20 x 20 cm...

If you want to get a 30 cm x 30 cm you should have a A3 printer (very expensive) or order the printed photos through an online service.

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Rockybelle
        • Oct 2011

Thank you Fonzzy and KapiColors!! That helps a lot!!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
          Scrap Guru
          • Jun 2010

You're very welcome. Don't hesitate if you have any other question.

Sandrine
          KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• wolvsie35
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2007

I make mine either size, but I always print mine 8x8 on my home printer....and if you print them on photo paper they look amazing...I buy 8x8 size photo albums, and fill the album that way....Everyone I have given one to, loves it...and then they always have extra sleeves in the album to add more later on...
            As far as scanning them, the only place I know of who can do that size is Office Max....But I'm sure if you do a google search for it, some store will pop up for your area hun...
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• juliescraps
              Layout Whiz
              • Aug 2007

scrapbooks to share does the scanning from traditions scrapbooking pages. I have never done it but I believe I saw it there.

Comment

Working...
              X