+ Reply to Thread

Default Scrapbook max 2.0 layout publishing

My software just decided today to stop publishing layouts as JPGs. I was able to group the layout and save it as a PNG, but I do not like the outcome of the layout. It is much darker than the original. I ended up having to publish it as a PDF, then open it in Photoshop 7 to save it as a JPG so I could post it at the forum. I have never had problems with the program before. I closed the program and reopened it and also restarted my computer, but neither fixed the problem. Just a thought, is it possible to give the new document too long of a name? I noticed in Photoshop 7 when I tried to save it as a JPG it said the name was too long. Please HELP!!

Diane - I'm sorry I'm not much help. At the moment I suspect my PC computer is gonna crash on me again. Tech guy said he managed to repair things a couple of weeks ago but I'm in fear it will go again - getting error messages and it shut down all by itself the other day. For this reason - I'm fearful of trying anything on it at the moment as he said it's the hard drive that will fail again. I don't need the expense of fixing or buying another right now.

Photoshop 7 naming - is easy to solve - just save as - and use a shorter name.
    I hope someone else can solve your SBM problem.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I tried you theory Diane. Your page name cannot exceed 50 characters in SBM.

Thank you Carena and Donna! With the next layout I created in SBM I made the name shorter and it published okay. I believe that was the problem. The only reason I thought of that as being the problem was because when I was in Photoshop 7 the software brought up a box telling me that the name was too long. Carena, I understand about the computer issues. Mine has been acting up this year and I fear it may be on its last leg. It shuts down on me too whenever it feels like it. I am sure it is either a hard drive issue, or it simply is running out of space with all this digital scrapbooking that I am doing in SBM 2.0.

Diane - you need to hook up an external hard drive to it and give yourself more space.
    Yes, I believe it's my hard drive causing issues and it will die on me. Couple have said - not to get it fixed and just buy new computer. Most everything I do on my Apple computer, so for now I don't need to worry about it over much.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I had the same trouble. I felt my P.C was going to crash, so I bought an external hard drive. Me being me I didn't get around to taking all my stuff off. I lost everything and had to buy a new P.C. I use the EHD religiously now.

I actually do have two external hard drives that I use all the time, but my old 80 GB hard drive still does not have much space anymore and I think that is causing some of my problems. A friend of mine who knows computers once mentioned that if I have low hard drive space my computer can shut down on its own. I have removed all of my kits out of SBM and placed them on my external hard drive, along with copies of all of my layouts. I do hope that the newer version of SBM software will allow us to select an external hard drive as a default for the program so our layouts automatically save to the external hard drive.