+ Reply to Thread

Default Scrapbook max 2.0 layout publishing

My software just decided today to stop publishing layouts as JPGs. I was able to group the layout and save it as a PNG, but I do not like the outcome of the layout. It is much darker than the original. I ended up having to publish it as a PDF, then open it in Photoshop 7 to save it as a JPG so I could post it at the forum. I have never had problems with the program before. I closed the program and reopened it and also restarted my computer, but neither fixed the problem. Just a thought, is it possible to give the new document too long of a name? I noticed in Photoshop 7 when I tried to save it as a JPG it said the name was too long. Please HELP!!

Diane - I'm sorry I'm not much help. At the moment I suspect my PC computer is gonna crash on me again. Tech guy said he managed to repair things a couple of weeks ago but I'm in fear it will go again - getting error messages and it shut down all by itself the other day. For this reason - I'm fearful of trying anything on it at the moment as he said it's the hard drive that will fail again. I don't need the expense of fixing or buying another right now.

Photoshop 7 naming - is easy to solve - just save as - and use a shorter name.
    I hope someone else can solve your SBM problem.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

I tried you theory Diane. Your page name cannot exceed 50 characters in SBM.

Thank you Carena and Donna! With the next layout I created in SBM I made the name shorter and it published okay. I believe that was the problem. The only reason I thought of that as being the problem was because when I was in Photoshop 7 the software brought up a box telling me that the name was too long. Carena, I understand about the computer issues. Mine has been acting up this year and I fear it may be on its last leg. It shuts down on me too whenever it feels like it. I am sure it is either a hard drive issue, or it simply is running out of space with all this digital scrapbooking that I am doing in SBM 2.0.

Diane - you need to hook up an external hard drive to it and give yourself more space.
    Yes, I believe it's my hard drive causing issues and it will die on me. Couple have said - not to get it fixed and just buy new computer. Most everything I do on my Apple computer, so for now I don't need to worry about it over much.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

I had the same trouble. I felt my P.C was going to crash, so I bought an external hard drive. Me being me I didn't get around to taking all my stuff off. I lost everything and had to buy a new P.C. I use the EHD religiously now.

I actually do have two external hard drives that I use all the time, but my old 80 GB hard drive still does not have much space anymore and I think that is causing some of my problems. A friend of mine who knows computers once mentioned that if I have low hard drive space my computer can shut down on its own. I have removed all of my kits out of SBM and placed them on my external hard drive, along with copies of all of my layouts. I do hope that the newer version of SBM software will allow us to select an external hard drive as a default for the program so our layouts automatically save to the external hard drive.