X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbird51
    • May 2008

Help with frame in PSE8

I have a photo of a mirror that I would like to use as a frame. I have tried several methods to remove the center and make it transparent but nothing works once I save it. Has anyone done something like this that might be able to give me some advise? I really want to use this in my SBM 2.0!!!!

Thanks

redbird51
  • cheesepiece
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2010

I wold use the rectangular marquee tool, if it is a square mirror, or the round marquee if it is circular. Highlight the amount of mirror you want to remove, click the delete button on your keyboard and then you should be left with just the frame to save. I hope this helps, I'm no expert.

Comment

• eye
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

I take it that the picture is in JPEG format.After erasing the center do not save it as JPEG but save it as a PNG Format and the center of your mirror will be gone to use as a frame.If you cannot do this send me your photo.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• redbird51
        • May 2008

Thanks so much for your reply - after doing a little research (ha! as in reading my HUGE manual) I discovered that not flattening the image and saving it as a png solved my problem. I used the magic extractor to remove the center and that is soooooo easy. It looks beautiful in SBM. The pic is a very detailed mirror with swirls etc. and is wonderful for portrait pics.

Thanks again!!!!

Comment

• redbird51
          • May 2008

Thanks "cheesepiece"! Normally this would work but the mirror is very ornate with swirls etc so I used the magic extractor to remove the center. I didn't realize that some formats do not support transparencies but png does so thanks to another member I got the results I wanted. Thanks so much for your reply and suggestions!

Don't you just love SBM?

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Glad it helped.xo
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• cheesepiece
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2010

I'm delighted tou found a solution. Your frame sounds lovely, maybe you could upload a layout to let us all see.

Comment

• tin tin
                Digi Sage
                • Oct 2010

I am curious - what is the magic extractor, and where do I find it? Is it the eraser function? and the Marquee is what as well? OH I want to learn!!!
                Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• cheesepiece
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2010

Hi tin tin. The magic extractor does not come with sbm. You need photo shop or photoshop elements programme for these, but they are expensive. You can download free trials before you buy and there are free tutorials online. Hope this helps.

Comment

• tin tin
                    Digi Sage
                    • Oct 2010

thanks! I was wondering what i was missing. I have been curious about photoshop, but never got into it.

Comment

• eye
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Oh the eraser tool will do the same as the magic extrator on erasing.The eraser tool is in SBM
                      sigpic

Comment

• tin tin
                        Digi Sage
                        • Oct 2010

thanks Eye....that tool I know how to use Addicted to it really!

Comment

• eye
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

Just a funny note now that I look back.My first extraction took me 13 hours and now it takes only minutes ha ha
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X