X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gammaof7
    • Sep 2011

How to question

Hi I am fairly new to the digital scrapbooking world and I have much to learn, LOL But I have seen several pages that I would love learn how!! It looks like they have taken the person photo and made it opague and completely covers the background, but you can still see it..Then they put the persons photo on the page smaller and decorated it..If anyone knows what Im saying and know how please let my know..thanks gammaof7
  • cheesepiece
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2010

When you import your image to sbm, in settings there is a transparancy slider that ranges from 0- 100. Use this to select how much of your image you want to show. then you place your other image on top and add your embellishments. I hope this helps. Someone may be able to offer a more detailed explanation.

Comment

• gammaof7
      • Sep 2011

Thanks so much cheesepiece, I will give it a try..

Comment

• gammaof7
        • Sep 2011

Need Help with Layout

This was close to what I need to know Im goin to try to post an example image..It looks like they took a photo of a child faded it out made it same size as background (12x12) Im assuming, then layered it on a backgroud page, then they made some thing like a cluster of the child at the bottom..I wanted to post a oic but they want the url and I dont have it..thanks for any help..

Comment

• gammaof7
          • Sep 2011

This was close to what I need to know Im goin to try to post an example image..It looks like they took a photo of a child faded it out made it same size as background (12x12) Im assuming, then layered it on a backgroud page, then they made some thing like a cluster of the child at the bottom..I wanted to post a oic but they want the url and I dont have it..thanks for any help

Comment

• ValerieElaine
            Digi Sage
            • Aug 2008

Is this similar to what you mean.?
            1. Bring in your background.
            2 Bring in your photo.Right click and copy,paste.
            3 Enlarge one photo( hover your mouse over the corner to get the arrow then drag to resize.
            4 Right click on photo, Properties. Then use the slider to get the transparency you want.
            5. You can also right click- Effects- Eraser and erase part of the picture if you wish.
            6 Place 2nd photo where you want it and add a frame flowers or any element you wish

That is the way I did the photo below.
            Hope this is what you needed.
            Attached Files

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• gammaof7
              • Sep 2011

Yes!!! one more question I know you make the large photo sort of transoarent but how about the background do I leave the way it is or make it transparent also?? Now when you say cope and paste (i know what that is) lol but I thought if you were in a photo prgram you bring them in from your files?? I really appreciate your respnse, thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X