• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

memory cards!!!!!!!!

Do memory cards wear out? I use my camera alot and lately my pictures have a grainy texture? Does anyone know what might be causing this?I am so dissapointed in thw quality.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

• crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

I'm not a camera wizzard but maybe it's your battery. When is the last time you changed it?

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Lorne
      Super Moderator
      • Jan 2006

Technically they can "fail" over time, but it's pretty rare, and it wouldn't affect the way your pictures look. (They'd just stop working, you wouldn't be able to get the images off them, or your camera would give you an error of some sort when you tried to use it.)

Graininess sounds like you changed a setting on your camera. For example, did you change the camera's simulated ISO setting? Setting it higher will make the images appear more grainy.

Changing the exposure might also have a similar effect. (As would taking pictures in the dark...they can appear "grainy" too.)
      Lorne ( )
      Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

It also could be that the resolution may be been changed/reset on your camera for the number of pixels used for each image... You might compare the dimensions of some earlier images (i.e. 1024 x 768) vs. the latest ones...

A lower resolution means more images will fit on the same memory card.

Low-resolution images appear "grainy" when you scale them up to larger sizes.
        sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
          It also could be that the resolution may be been changed/reset on your camera for the number of pixels used for each image... You might compare the dimensions of some earlier images (i.e. 1024 x 768) vs. the latest ones...

A lower resolution means more images will fit on the same memory card.

Low-resolution images appear "grainy" when you scale them up to larger sizes.
          I have ithe camera set for 640x480. Perhaps that is what is wrong. Will try bigger ones. I know if you go large you can make smaller before sending them in to get developed. I also know large can be made smaler but small to large gets grainy. But I will try to do it this way. Thanks for the help. I sure can use it at times.But usually it is set at 640x480 and then I never have to resize them as it is a good photo size.But I will try to set them for a bigger size to see if that makes a difference.
          I hope you can understand me as sometimes I ramble
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
            Technically they can "fail" over time, but it's pretty rare, and it wouldn't affect the way your pictures look. (They'd just stop working, you wouldn't be able to get the images off them, or your camera would give you an error of some sort when you tried to use it.)

Graininess sounds like you changed a setting on your camera. For example, did you change the camera's simulated ISO setting? Setting it higher will make the images appear more grainy.

Changing the exposure might also have a similar effect. (As would taking pictures in the dark...they can appear "grainy" too.)
            Thanks alot. I will check this all out.I really appreciate all this advise.
            sigpic

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
              I'm not a camera wizzard but maybe it's your battery. When is the last time you changed it?
              I got new ones not that long ago. But perhaps they are bad ones. I will try anything.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X