Does ScrapbookMax work with all digital kits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gammaof7
    • Sep 2011

Does ScrapbookMax work with all digital kits??

Hi I am fairly new to the digital scrapbooking and I have purchased several programs for this use only to find it only works with their kits..I would like to know if this program works with all digital products?? And is it as easy to use as it says?? thanks
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Scrapbook Max will work with all kits that have jpeg or png files in them. You can open from the program direct or you have the option to open from else where on your computer also eg. My pictures (wherever you have them held). You can also click and drag your image or elements from eg. My pictures into your layout in Scrapbook max program.

Curious to know which programs you've purchase that won't work with regular kits and files.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• gammaof7
      • Sep 2011

Other Programs

The other programs were Printmaster, Scrapbook Factory and Print Artist..I already had Photo Elements and I couldnt figure it out.. Actually I bought some kits from them also and couldnt get any of them to open..These are the companies, Encore & Broderbund.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2009

I too purchased other scrapping kits before finding SBM - this is by far the best program out there that I've found anyways!! I just love it and it's sooo easy to use. Very user friendly!
        Hope you enjoy it as much and looking forward to seeing some of your layouts
        Kelly

Comment

• gammaof7
          • Sep 2011

Thanks

Thank each of you for your help..So it should work with kits from anywhere as long as they are jpeg and png?? Those other programs just had projects for there programs so I waisted alot of money!! Oh well you live and learn..Im goin to give it a try..thanks so much..

Comment

• gammaof7
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Carena View Post
            Scrapbook Max will work with all kits that have jpeg or png files in them. You can open from the program direct or you have the option to open from else where on your computer also eg. My pictures (wherever you have them held). You can also click and drag your image or elements from eg. My pictures into your layout in Scrapbook max program.

Curious to know which programs you've purchase that won't work with regular kits and files.
            What is eg?? LOL I told you I was new to this..LOL

Comment

• gammaof7
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ksd_24_f View Post
              I too purchased other scrapping kits before finding SBM - this is by far the best program out there that I've found anyways!! I just love it and it's sooo easy to use. Very user friendly!
              Hope you enjoy it as much and looking forward to seeing some of your layouts Kelly
              Thanks I will try and get some on after I get the program!! have a great week..

Comment

• gammaof7
                • Sep 2011

Help!!

Well I downloaded the program but it still wont open my kits?? I clicked on import and this message comes up and says "This is not a valid Scrapbook Max template or gallery file!! What am I doing wrong?? these are regular png files..Oh please tell me I didnt waste 50 more dollars..Any help will be much appreciated..

Comment

• juliescraps
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Aug 2007

You can try the drag and drop method have the kit open in one window and drag the item you want to use into Max. Or if you are wanting to ad something through max let's say an embellishment open the embellishment icon and where it says browse find it from there on your computer. I hope this helps you out some.

Comment

• Carena
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2007

juliescraps - yes this is a way of doing it.

Free trial is available - see HERE

Tutorials can be found here
                    Get started using Scrapbook MAX! with our friendly scrapbook software tutorials. Tour the design space, find help resources, and learn scrapbook techniques.

Well worth browsing through them - they are in video and easy to see just what to do exactly.

Check this tutorial out called: ADDING EMBELLISHMENTS TO SCRAPBOOKING PAGES

at the bottom of the image when adding embellishments - there is also a BROWSE button - you can click here - find the area you have your kit saved - I often use - My Pictures area and click to add.

Hope this helps

eg. = example
                    Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• gammaof7
                      • Sep 2011

Thanks Carena, I know Im new to this what is a blinkie?? LOL Im sorry I sound so ignorant but Im new to this.. This site is very confusing, it wont let me sign in ow with my info that I know is correct, but it will let me in here and is showing my correct screen name..The Scrap Max program is out of control, its flashing and other weird things?? Help if possible..

Comment

• gammaof7
                        • Sep 2011

Oh Carena you have gorgeous kits!! If I ever get signed in to my account I will be crabbing some of those!! LOL But my internet usage allowance is so low I can only download a few a month..Last month I went over and it was $100+ over and hubby was upset..

Comment

• Karin
                          • Jan 2006

Hi gammaof7,

In case you see this - we've had several emails from you with your questions and have replied to them, but we are getting new emails from you that sound like perhaps they aren't getting through to your inbox? Please check your spam box for emails from Gracie and add gracie [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com to your email whitelist - hope our questions and advice are helpful. thanks!

Karin
                          Last edited by Karin; 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Carena
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gammaof7 View Post
                            Thanks Carena, I know Im new to this what is a blinkie?? LOL Im sorry I sound so ignorant but Im new to this.. This site is very confusing, it wont let me sign in ow with my info that I know is correct, but it will let me in here and is showing my correct screen name..The Scrap Max program is out of control, its flashing and other weird things?? Help if possible..
                            Don't worry about the blinkies etc - get yourself settled with the program first - the rest will come with time. Don't overload your mind with tooo much all at once - there is alot to take in and can get very confusing to start with.
                            Looks like Karin has been emailing you also - check your spam folders. Hugs
                            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• gammaof7
                              • Sep 2011

I have downloade my free expansion pack and of course I cant figure out how to get it in the max software program..When I click on it it goes back to reinstalling it?? Im such a dummy!! LOL and thanks for everyones help I appreciate it..

Comment

Working...
                              X