• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Designer Monthly Challenge - September 2011 - Hosted by Fiona Storey

The Pretty Paper Challenge

we all have them don't we.....hundreds of paperscraps we rarely use sitting in files feeling sad lonely and unwanted

Well this months challenge is for all those sad little paperscraps

The first part of the challenge (yes I've split it into parts again mwhahaha)

The first part is to make a page using at least....yes at least 5 paperscraps, you may also use a frame and up to 4 embellishments on this first part of the challenge

You are sitting there thinking oh this is going to be easy aren't you! you must know by now I am a cruel and evil challenge host it will never be that simple *grins wickedly*

No shapes are to be used in this first page....none, zilch, zero all paperscraps are to be of straight edges....oblongs, squares, rectangles.

Rules:
    1) Scrap a page with any theme you like using 5 Paperscraps.
    2) You may use one frame (yes this same frame can be used more than once)
    3) You may use up to 4 embellishments
    4) NO shapes may be used in the page, all paperscraps must have straight edges, squares, oblong/rectangles
    5) All pages to be uploaded to the gallery and the image or link posted in this thread
    6) The second part of this challenge starts next week so you only hav one week to complete this page.

happy scrapping!
    Last edited by angelwithin; 09-05-2011, 12:35 PM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• lindaathome
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2010

Wow, am I first? I used Fiona's Past Lives Kit. My 5 papers are the background and the 4 papers I made the border with. I used one frame and 4 embies from this Kit.

Last edited by lindaathome; 09-05-2011, 03:31 PM.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• fonzzy
      Layout Whiz
      • Feb 2011

Comment

• ksd_24_f
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2009

It looks like I have more than four embies, but they came 'pre-clustered' in Deanne Gow Smiths 'Junk Art' kit

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

wow wonderful pages ladies....loving the creativity

, Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ksd_24_f
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2009

Here's another one.. I like the softness of this one, but I would have definitly used more embellishments personally.. I've become somewhat of a clustering maniac!! which is why I have to upload in a smaller size now! LOL - so here's hoping that's the next part of the challenge.. to ADD more embellishments.. however, I somehow doubt it will be that easy!! I'm getting accustomed to Fionna's evil laugh!! ha ha
            Last edited by ksd_24_f; 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

grr, my picture is not coming up right.. I made a mistake, I wanted the stitching to be on top, I fixed it, deleted the
              old LO and uploaded the new one, but it only shows correctly when you open it from the gallery.. ugh.. oh well.. it's much nicer with the stitching on top..

Comment

• SBM Diane
                Digi Sage
                • Sep 2010

Beautiful layouts!!!

Comment

• fonzzy
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Feb 2011

I love your work they are beautiful.Can you See all that writing under my page how do I get rid of it I got this instead of my flair buttons don't know what I did wrong

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

Fonzzy you're almost there.. just click on edit signature and type in [IMG]before each link and [/IMG] after each link.. it should work

so like this.. (i put a space between each for emphasis just so that it wouldn't turn into a flair and you'd be able to see how it should look in your signature)

[IMG] http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...thing_Goes.png [/IMG][IMG]

Oh and now my picture is posted correctly..with the stitches on top.. I guess it just took a few hrs for the good one to show instead of the old one
                    Last edited by ksd_24_f; 09-06-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• eye
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Now this is a challenge.I decided to use stuff I made.I did not like how it turned out but at least i did it.I did not understand what you wanted to do with the 5 papers.Was it just basic scrap or was I suppose to make them different as straight edges, squares, oblong/rectangles.Anyways the damage is done ha ha.

OOOoooo my you guys did some wonderful layouts.xo

sigpic
                      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

thats perfect Eye great page ksd xxx

ksd as if I'd make the next part hard, I mean really....would I be that mean (yes! rofl)

, Check out my store
                        Here

Comment

• SBM Diane
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2010

Hi Fiona, Thank you for the challenge. I hope I did this right. In the first part of your instructions is says to use a frame and up to four embellishments. Here is my layout.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• angelwithin
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Nov 2006

Beautiful Page diane

, Check out my store
                            Here

Comment

• SBM Diane
                              Digi Sage
                              • Sep 2010

Thank you Fiona!

Comment

Working...
                              X