X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAP
    • Aug 2008

pictures flicker so I can not add to layout

All of my pictures flicker when I start to add to my layout page so I can not select a file. Has happened for 3 days. It basically destroys my program because it makes it useless without pictures. What do I do?
  • TannersScrappin'Momma
    • Aug 2006

I am having the same trouble. Just started happening today. It happens with backgrounds and embellishments too. Weird.

Comment

• Gotart
      Mad Scrapper
      • Nov 2006

This is strange as I am having it flicker while opening each folder & picture. Very frustrating & too slow to even use if file isn't under 5 items.. Does any one know what to do? I have never had this happen in all my yrs. of SBM...

sigpic

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hello!

We aren't able to replicate this problem on our side. We've tried it on different systems, and aren't able to see this, so unfortunately can't offer a solution.

What operating system are you using? Are you up to date with your windows updates? Where on your computer is your content located?

Thanks!
        Karin

Comment

• juliescraps
          Layout Whiz
          • Aug 2007

I am running a windows 7 64 bit. I have McAfee as my virus protection. My computer is up to date with all of its updates. My images and content are saved in SB Max default folders. My SB Max version is 2.0.7.0 Internet explorer 9. This just came up out of the blue. I noticed that others had mentioned this problem and mine was fine. Then one day there is the flicker from all of the options (embellishments, shapes, paperscraps and pictures). I have tried the fixes from the other thread without any changes in the flickr problem. Hope this info can help pinpoint the problem.

Thank you,
          Julie

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

Thanks for the information!

Comment

• DAP
              • Aug 2008

Continues to flicker

I'm the original poster. My operating system is Windows Xp, computer is up to date, and my scrapbook and pictures are saved in "My Pictures" folder.
              It completely shuts down the program because you can not add anything to your layout - pictures, embellishments, scraps, everything.
              I have worked on an ancestor album for my son for 2 years (had to stop due to 2 major back surgeries which makes it hard to sit at a computer) and was trying to finish it for the holidays. Please tell me how to fix it.

Comment

• ps_public
                • Aug 2007

Flicker/Refresh problem here also!

I am having the same flicker problem. I hadn't used SBM for some time and upgraded to V2 when I resintalled my laptop a couple of months ago. I installed V1.x and loaded all the V1.x templates and kits, and then installed V2 and loaded the V2 templates and kits. The flicker problem started from my first use - I thought it was due to converting the templates and embellishments to V2 but it is also happening with my photos.

When I go to use a template, embellishments, photo folder etc for the first time SBM appears to cycle through all the images creating a "flickering" effect due to the screen refresh as it cycles through each item. Once that folder has been completed it appears to be fine to use thereafter. It is as if SBM is rendering the images or creating a library...or something! For large photo collections it is taking forever to cycle through the images so that they can be used. SBM is unusable in this state

My laptop is runing Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Windows is up to date. SBM version is 2.0.7.0.

I have posted a video of the "flickering" problem on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOK_ReyZXQI

Hope you can help!

Comment

• Gotart
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Nov 2006

My flicker is the same as ps_public. It just started last week. I cannot use my larger files as it is continually running each one then starts over for the next. I am up to date with upgrades & am using windows 7.

sigpic

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

I know this may sound like an odd suggestion....have you tried switching off your virus checkers/security and see if that changes how it works

I suggest this as I know of one person who has to switch off hers off (macfee) as it has been causing her problems with several graphics programs

Also I tend to take out any kits and template sets I am not using and store them on my external drive as I have found when I have too many kits/templates in max they slow the program down way too much for my impatient self xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                    , Check out my store
                    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ps_public
                      • Aug 2007

Thanks very much angelwithin - switching off McAfee virus checker seems to have done the trick. I haven't noticed any problems with any other graphic programs though.

Is there anyone there at SBM who can shed some light on this issue? Is it a McAfee issue or is there something that can be done with SBM to prevent this issue? Given my experience with McAfee I wouldn't be surprised that it is the culprit.

In the meantime I will have to disconnect from the net and deactivate McAfee whilst using SBM. But at least I can get my project finished!

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

I wont use mcafee myself as it tends to over ride and block simple safe programs ....I use threatfire and malwarebytes (both free) ...threatfire updates as soon as you log in and I've found it a much better firewall than any other program

maybe teccies know better why this happens with mcafee

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                        , Check out my store
                        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ladybug3
                          • Mar 2009

Thanks angelwithin. I was about to turn off my McAfee virus checker when new updates came through so I waited, then restarted my computer. SBM works properly now!!(I never did turn off McAfee) You may have FINALLY solved the flicker problem.

Comment

• juliescraps
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Aug 2007

It's one of the things that make you go hmm. I did not turn my McAfee off but my computer did some updates today and now the flicker seems to be gone. I hope it will last.

Comment

• DAP
                              • Aug 2008

It worked. Thank you. I was finally able to finish my scrapbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X