X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove September 2011 Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, we feature a great freebie mini-kit and a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The Kapi Scrap / Groove Challenge:

Create 2 layouts using only the pieces found in the mini kit: SweetSummertimeKapiScrapandArt.smb (9 embellishments, and 3 background papers). Keep the colours the same for this challenge! (i.e., don't recolour for this challenge)

Layout no.1:

Scrap a layout using a picture featuring someone eating an ice cream. You should use:

- all 3 papers (the papers in this kit are located in the Background category. To add them as paper scraps, choose Object > Paper Scraps and browse to the Backgrounds gallery for the kit. To use the background papers for a background, go to Page> Settings, and then choose Background Image and Select to get to this kit)

- at least 5 embies (you could use them multiple times if you want)

- you must use the ice cream (element_3) and circle frame(element_7)

Layout no.2:

Scrap a layout using a picture featuring someone on the beach. You should use:

- all the 3 papers

- the paper you use in the background should be as the one you used for Layout no.1

- at least 7 embies (you could use them multiple times if you want)

- you must use the flag (element_6) and the frame (element_7)

About KapiScrap and Art

KapiScrap & Art is focused on the digital scrapbooking area. KapiScrap & Art has 3 activities:

- training courses

- resale of Scrapbook MAX! on the French market (we discovered Scrapbook MAX! last summer and were very impressed by the advanced features, as well as its power and performance)

- designing scrapbooking kits since September 2010

KapiScrap & Art designs with Adobe Photoshop CS (we are an Adobe partner). We use no CU. All the items we offer are our own creation.

To find out more about KapiScrap & Art, please visit our web site

http://www.kapiscrap.com and our blog at http://kapiscrap.blogspot.com

License Information for Freebie kit:

LICENCE D'UTILISATION PERSONNELLE
    PERSONAL USE LICENSE

ADDON KIT
    Sweet Summertime

Ce kit a été réalisé par KapiScrap & Art.
    This kit has been designed by KapiScrap & Art.

Il est réservé à une UTILISATION STRICTEMENT PERSONNELLE.
    It is only for A PERSONAL USE.

Merci de lire le Contrat de Licence d’Utilisation - Produit Logiciel de Scrapbooking Digital.
    Please read the End-User License Agreement - Digital Scrapbooking Software Product.

©2011 - KAPITEC SOFTWARE S.A.S. - Tous droits réservés - All rights reserved.

Be sure to check out the September 2011 issue of The Groove.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 10-01-2011, 02:01 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • fonzzy
    Layout Whiz
    • Feb 2011

Comment

• Letha
      Layout Whiz
      • Feb 2007

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

These are AWESOME! And wow - you are so quick!!!!

We have a lot of talent here, don't we?

Thanks, KapiScrap for the GREAT challenge!

Karin

Comment

• fonzzy
          Layout Whiz
          • Feb 2011

Comment

• KapiScrap
            Scrap Guru
            • Jun 2010

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay :-) I'm not feeling very well since yesterday...

But today I discover that you were very quick! and you've done wonderful pages!!! I'm so happy!

I hope that you love the freebie! and I hope you'll be a lot to join this challenge.

Thanks to Scrapbook MAX team to give me the ability to have this first challenge.

Sandrine
            KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• dillie1
              Layout Whiz
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by KapiColors View Post
              Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay :-) I'm not feeling very well since yesterday...

But today I discover that you were very quick! and you've done wonderful pages!!! I'm so happy!

I hope that you love the freebie! and I hope you'll be a lot to join this challenge.

Thanks to Scrapbook MAX team to give me the ability to have this first challenge.

Sandrine
              Hi, Sandrine

I hope you are feeling much better. Very beautiful kit you have provided. I hope to join in this month!!

Take care and talk to you soon!

Dillie

Comment

• KapiScrap
                Scrap Guru
                • Jun 2010

Hi Dillie!

Thanks.

Well, just a little better. And in addition I have no voice... :-(

Yes I do hope you could join this challenge. I'll be very happy to see also your pages.

Cheers,
                Sandrine

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2009

Oh my, Fonzzy and letha, - look at you two go eh!! Jeez... I was reading the rules and was like, o.k, gonna need a paper and pencil to write all these rules down!! Sounds like a great challenge, can't wait to try it! Great kit!! Thank you very much and hope you're feeling better today!! I'll be back with my posts later on
                  Kel

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

This was HARD!!! LOL, guess it's not considered a challenge if it's too easy though huh! I think I stuck to the rules, same back ground paper for each, three papers in each, only used elements from the kit, 5 embies in the first one including Ice Cream and Circle Frame and 7 embies in the second one including Flag and circle frame - Whoo.. oh and for those who will be looking over this with a fine tooth comb..won't mention any names ...ahem LOL.. my circle frame is surounding the eye of the flower! ha ha

Last edited by ksd_24_f; 09-02-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Jun 2010

ksd_24_f,

Wow! Stunning! Very nice pages! Love them!!!

Well, I wanted to offer you a challenge quite different from what you can usually find :-) And in asking you to do 2 pages with the same mini kit and with the same background, I also wanted to demonstrate you that it's possible to do a "double page" with a mini kit... but also to create different pages with only a few elements :-)

So hope you like it even if there are some rules :-) And most of all I hope you like this addon spoecially created for the Groove Challenge.

As soon as I have a moment, I will also do my 2 layouts... a double page... one of my kids eating an ice cream... and playing on the beach.

TYSM!!!

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2009

My second attempt, didn't really like my first beach one.. Thanks Sandrine! Love the kit

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

KSD your layouts are beautiful, but I am glad you came back with the second beach one, it is gorgeous (I can't help but notice the two children in the first layout
                          Sandrine, this really is a gorgeous kit, and a big challenge for me cause I still am not comfortable with clustering different items. Thank you for challenging me.

Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• KapiScrap
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Jun 2010

Hello Tin Tin!

Thanks for joining the challenge! 2 great pages!!!

Happy to know you like the addon of the kit Sweet Summertime; the addon has been specially designed for this challenge!

I'm very honored to see that you're so numerous to join the challenge. That is really great!!!

Hugs,
                            Sandrine

Comment

• cheesepiece
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Apr 2010

Here are my two pages...Thanks for the kit and challenge

Comment

Working...
                              X