+ Reply to Thread

Default Paperclip elements

How do I attach a paperclip element so it looks like 2 pieces of paper are clipped together? I have been trying to figure it out & just can't for the life of me.

Hi

I made this one rather quickly, so it is probably not perfect, but it was really simple:

• Grab a paper scrap to start your stack
    • Choose a suitable shape from your shape folders, I chose one with a torn edge
    • Add a small shadow, I put my distance down to 2 and make sure it is ticked for global
    • Now copy and paste that paper, select a different paper, click shadow
    • Resize your new paper and tilt and move to allow the back sheet to show
    • Repeat until you have sufficient paper for your stack
    • Find a paperclip embellishment, I found mine on Birthday Rules
    • Now with your paperclip selected, activate the eraser
    • Carefully rub out the part of the paperclip which would lie behind the pile
    • Say OK
    • Position paperclip so that it sits in the correct place - Voila!
    FS_Paperclip_Cluster (Medium).png

Hope this helps - FS xx

ps, don't forget you can save your cluster as a .png to reuse if you wish to xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Thank you. Now how about making an envelope? I saw one thread on here with jpeg files, but I can't change the color of the jpeg. Any ideas?
    Thank you

You can change the color of anything. Double click on your jpeg to open it up in Edit. At the top select the Advanced Tab. Down below is the Color/Tint section. Click on Adjust Color. You can slide the sliders to adjust that way or deselect the 2 Relative checkmarks on the right. Now you can double click on a color in a photo, or an embie or paper that you would like to use and Max will automatically make it the correct hue. You may have to use the Lightness scroll to make it a bit lighter or darker, but it will now match the color you selected from your other source.

Play around with changing colors. You will love it.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35