• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Mid-Month Challenge July 15-23, 2011

Hey, kids! Long time no see. I'm glad to be here to host the MID-MONTH CHALLENGE for JULY 15-23, 2011!

Did you know it's SUMMERTIME?! Ohhhhh yeaaaaahhhhh, I've got a SUMMERTIME challenge for you......

For this challenge, you are to use the COLOR PALETTE provided below. (Just click and save the zip file to your own computer. The image shows you what's inside the zip file.)

For the FIRST COUPLE DAYS of this challenge, you are to use at least ONE (or both) of the embellishments I have provided below (again, be sure to click and save the zip file to your own compu
    ter) and any other embellishments, backgrounds and paper scraps that have been offered as FREEBIES on the Scrapbook MAX! website and make a layout in the theme of SUMMERTIME! (NOTE: Be sure to CREDIT! CREDIT! CREDIT! whatever you use. Thank you!)

Upload your completed layout to the
    DESIGN TEAM CHALLENGES GALLERY

Then, copy/paste the "Linked Image" code into THIS THREAD for all of us to ooooh and ahhhh over your layout. (Scroll do
    wn under your uploaded layout... that's the middle code... click inside the box, it auto-highlights so all you have to do is right-click to copy and then paste it here in this thread.

On Monday (July18 in Kansas USA), I will TWIST the challenge slightly plus have MORE GOODIES for you!So get your layouts done for this first part and get ready for the next!

HAVE FUN - IT'S SUMMERTIME!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knzus; 07-14-2011, 11:28 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

Sounds like fun!!

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

made a nice change to be able to do a challenge ....here's my page

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• knzus
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2007

That is soooooooo cute, Fiona! Love LOVE LOVE it!!

I would love to swim with a dolphin!
        Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

that is great fiona - actually it is very similar to my original thought - only mine was pictures of the boys in the pool - with less pictures in the layout! Love it obviously! Will think up something different!
          Great to have you participating!
          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

Dolphins stink of manky old fish ....I only done it cos hubby wanted to....not a 'fish' person and I absolutely hate deep water lol

, Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• makeyesup
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2006

Here's mine, papers made with my own photo textures. Recolored fish from challenge(hope that's OK).

Out For A Swim

In case anyone wants the papers, just click and then right click save from new window.

makSBM201107_Paper2a.jpg makSBM201107_Paper6.jpg
              Last edited by makeyesup; 07-17-2011, 11:12 AM.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

Twist on the challenge today!

Wow, makeyesup, that's such a CUTE layout of the mama swan and her kids! WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you've joined in on the challenge. And THANK YOU for the great papers!

And everyone else, HEY! Where are you?! LOL! C'mon in, we don't bite... we give
                FREE GOODIES!

And speaking of that, your next package of freebies is in the zip file below and there is a preview image for you also (remember to save them to your own computer).

Now for the twist on the challenge today.......

SUMMERTIME is still the theme... but you CAN'T do anything about water. Water on your layout is NOT allowed. Not even a drop. No spitting, either. LOL!

So, Fiona, you can get out of the deep end now and find some other SUMMERTIME things to do! LOL! xox ♥

Get to it, you guys! Let's see what you come up with this time!
                Attached Files
                Diana

Comment

• alohagrrl
                  • Nov 2010

Interesting challenge! I'm getting here a little late this month as I've been away. Do I still need to use the embellishments from the first part of the challenge, or just the second?

Comment

• angelwithin
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Nov 2006

ooohhh Diana put those horns away ooOO(knew it was a bad idea to leave them in the dungeon!) lol

, Check out my store
                    Here

Comment

• tin tin
                      Digi Sage
                      • Oct 2010

Okay, so back to the drawing board. The family is on vacation this week, so I am finding it difficult to scrap. Started my layout - incedentally with all water as the background, guess I have to start over.....OOPS! Will try and get the revamped version up tomorrow at some point
                      Wow! KSD thought Wolvsie was tough - watch out! lol.
                      Love the freebies!

Comment

• knzus
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jan 2007

tin tin and alohagrrl if you're coming in late, you do whatever part you want... if someone wants to follow the challenge as I give it, then that's great! I just felt like doing twisted things... *evil laugh for Fiona's benefit*... ...in a couple days, there will be another twist in the challenge (and more free goodies)! So you jump in anywhere you can find room in this SUMMERTIME challenge!

Can hardly wait to see what ya'll come up with next!!

Diana

Comment

• angelwithin
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Nov 2006

Not a drop of water in sight :P

My-Scrapbook-000-Page-1.jpg

heres a few papers, adjusted Bee star and button that you can use

FST_paperscrap 03.jpgFST_paperscrap 02.jpgFST_Button.pngFST_Bee a Star.pngFST_paperscrap 01.jpg

, Check out my store
                          Here

Comment

• tin tin
                            Digi Sage
                            • Oct 2010

Okay, so here is the layout I finally finished with the first detailing. Have water in it, so have to start over

Comment

• tin tin
                              Digi Sage
                              • Oct 2010

here we go....got rid of the water.....
                              Love the embies kznus. Really awesome addition for summer!
                              with this layout I added embies and the background from the birthday expansion pack. great stuff in there that is not necessarily for birthdays!

So now I think I am up to date and within the rules! Can't wait to see the next twist!

Comment

Working...
                              X