+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

Hi there!

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to replicate the problem - we've tested it on multiple systems, with different OS, memory, etc. and haven't been able to reproduce it no matter the version of SBMAX installed, with or without the June freebie, etc.

ladybug - Are you able to drag and drop successfully?

I will send another message to our developers to see if they have any further suggestions about it.

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 07-01-2011 at 12:17 PM.

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Hi
    Yes I can drag and drop from My Documents no problem. Expansion packs are installed in Scrapbook Max program and most folders are small enough they do not flash for long BUT trying to select a paper scrap or a shape from the larger folders takes forever. I really do not want to copy all the files to My Documents, and I don't know how to get the select shape to work if I did? Thanks for any suggestions or help.

I have no idea about what this problem could be, but have you tried using the drag and drop method instead of the select? Minimize Max and open another Window for your background, another for your embelishments and another for paper scraps if the Kit you are working with has all three. Minimize each of them and stack them on the right or left side of your Max window. Click on whatever it is you want to bring into MAX and drag it over to MAX, A pop up box will open and ask you what you want to make it. It is defaulted on Photo, so you need to select Embelishment, Paper Scrap or Background. I do all of my scrapping using drag and drop. Give it a try and see if it works for you to make it less difficult to scrap.

Just as an FYI, I have that same kit by Deanne and I have no issues with it. I have XP.

I just saw the respose where you already tried drag and drop. - Glad it works for you. If you darg and drop a paper shape it puts it in Max. You then just click on it and do your Color editing, Shadowing and Shapes like you normally would.
    Last edited by lindaathome; 07-04-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

We still aren't able to reproduce this on any of the systems we've tested it on. I'm not even sure what could make that happen to be honest.

One thing to check: under Edit > Preferences, in the Performance section, what is your Thumbnail Provider set to?

If it's "Windows shell" then the operating system is handling those icons; if it's "Scrapbook MAX! program" then Scrapbook MAX! is drawing them.

If your icons are flashing, please reply here with (1) what your Thumbnail Provider is set to, and (2) what happens if you change it and restart the program.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Thumbnail provider was set to Windows shell. I reset to Scrapbook Max and restarted the programme but it did not fix the problem. If I were to uninstall the programme is there a way to be sure ALL programme files have been removed before reinstalling. After I uninstalled last time I still found Scrapbook Max files in Programme Files in My Computer. I removed those but perhaps I missed some. Should I try again?

Default I still need help!

I am the one that originally asked for help with this "flashing" problem. I had someone help me restore my computer back to a day where it was not flashing and that worked but now I am having the same problem again. I am using Vista 64 bit operating system. Scrapbook Max is on my C: drive, in Program Files (x86), Gallery, Images, Embellishments. All of my files are loaded on there.

My Thumbnail Provider is set to "Windows Shell". After changing it to Scrapbook Max, nothing changed, everything is still flashing.

Can tech support please help me. It has been over a month since the original request and there doesn't seem to be a resolution to this problem yet.

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Hi!

Please try uninstalling and then reinstalling Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks!
    Karin
    Uninstalling and reinstalling program did not fix problem. Help! Also, can I remove a mini kit once it has been imported? My problems started after downloading the DGO-June-Challenge-Mini-KIT.smb, I would like to remove it to see if the problem remains.

I did not download the kit, and it has been happening to me also,,but you can delete the kit in the programme, just right click and delete will show,, Click on it:O)

Hi,
    It is happening to me also. I had not been into Max for a couple of weeks, opened up and get the update request, updated and then found that when selecting an embellishment through Max the directories were flashing. I can drag and drop from my other files, but was wanting to use a Shape, this is when I noticed it. Have done all the above suggested remedies, but it has not fixed the problem.

Please help!

Hi again and thanks,
    Max is now working properly, no flickering/flashing.
    So thanks again to whoever fixed the problem.

Helen.