X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove June 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Deanne Gow-Smith is sharing an elegant and very versatile freebie with you. Simply click on the .smb file to download, choose save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!. You'll find the items under Object> Embellishment and Backgrounds (go to Page> Settings, and choose Background Image and Select).

The Challenge:

Father's Day is right around the corner. We want to see your tributes to the men in your life - dads, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, husbands, friends...Choose that special man and scrap a page to express why they are special. Use at least one background and three of the embellishments in this kit. Include journal text or a caption to describe your special guy, and try to use a descriptive word that begins with the same letter as his first name. For example, "Michael is a Marvelous father of three."

Thanks for the great kit, Deanne!

Be sure to check out the June 2011 issue of The Groove. Get all the details about an the awesome new Birthday Bash Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, and learn how you can save bigtime!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 07-31-2011, 09:54 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Here is my link
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• lindaathome
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2010

Here's mine. I did one of my Dad. His name was Ray. He was a Record Publisher for over 60 years, a Recording Artist hiimself back in the fifties and a really great Dad. I miss him terribly. This will be the first Father's Day without him with us.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Kelli Stone
        • Nov 2010

Really beautiful Lo Linda.

Comment

• alohagrrl
          • Nov 2010

My husband Rich became a first-time dad at the grand old age of 46. He's absolutely loving being a daddy (as you can see from that mushy smile on his face) and our little girl has him tightly wrapped around her finger already! lol

Comment

• tin tin
            Digi Sage
            • Oct 2010

Great job ladies....can't wait to get mine done! See you soon
            Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• tin tin
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2010

Okay Ladies...totally went hogwild with this kit. have four layouts so far. I just love this mini kit, and the stuart Green Tartan kit from Moonbeam. totally easy to work with, and what better subjects than the men in our lives. I aparently have a lot of them
              First one is Papi - my honey's dad. he loves the boys like there is no tomorrow - and has taken me in like his only daughter. what is not to love and want to 'homage'.
              Last edited by tin tin; 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• tin tin
                Digi Sage
                • Oct 2010

So after the boys Papi which is above, here is thier other grandfather (my father) I used embies from moonbeam's Stuart Green Tartan kit and her love and kisses kit

I love this man - although he was not around much while we were growing up - he is trying to make it up with his grandsons that he could not be more proud of!

Comment

• tin tin
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2010

Lucky boys get to know thier great grandfather on thier dad's side. He is an amazing man who loves those boys like they were his sons. Here he is with my youngest at his recent first birthday.
                  Used embies from Moonbeam's stuart green tartan kit that goes sooo well with this mini kit and also page starter shapes from Carena

Comment

• tin tin
                    Digi Sage
                    • Oct 2010

Last but certainly not least in any respect - MY MAN!
                    Although he stumbles, he never falls. he is always there for me and my boys and loves us like no one else could. Despite his faults he is the perfect man for me! I have never seen a better father, or two boys love thier father this much. This one is for you baby!
                    (everything here is from the kit or Moonbeam's Stuart Green Tartan kit)

Comment

• alohagrrl
                      • Nov 2010

Beautiful layouts Tin tin!

Comment

• tin tin
                        Digi Sage
                        • Oct 2010

tks Aloha.

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

Pretty sure this is my last layout since it is the last man in my life aside from my boys.... hi, hi, hi.
                          Used everything in the mini kit, but decided to tweak it since no one had done it yet. Did I mention that I love this kit
                          This is my step father, who although had two daughters of his own, he took my sister and I in like we were his own. boy oh boy did I make him work for the title of step father!

Comment

• pmeparker96
                            • Oct 2010

Beautiful layouts so far .

Comment

• lindaathome
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jan 2010

Gorgeous layouts girls. Awesome work!
                              I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

Working...
                              X