+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Groove June 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a scrapbooking challenge.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Deanne Gow-Smith is sharing an elegant and very versatile freebie with you. Simply click on the .smb file to download, choose save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!. You'll find the items under Object> Embellishment and Backgrounds (go to Page> Settings, and choose Background Image and Select).

The Challenge:

Father's Day is right around the corner. We want to see your tributes to the men in your life - dads, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, husbands, friends...Choose that special man and scrap a page to express why they are special. Use at least one background and three of the embellishments in this kit. Include journal text or a caption to describe your special guy, and try to use a descriptive word that begins with the same letter as his first name. For example, "Michael is a Marvelous father of three."

Thanks for the great kit, Deanne!

Be sure to check out the June 2011 issue of The Groove. Get all the details about an the awesome new Birthday Bash Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, and learn how you can save bigtime!
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 07-31-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Here's mine. I did one of my Dad. His name was Ray. He was a Record Publisher for over 60 years, a Recording Artist hiimself back in the fifties and a really great Dad. I miss him terribly. This will be the first Father's Day without him with us.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Really beautiful Lo Linda.

My husband Rich became a first-time dad at the grand old age of 46. He's absolutely loving being a daddy (as you can see from that mushy smile on his face) and our little girl has him tightly wrapped around her finger already! lol

Great job ladies....can't wait to get mine done! See you soon
    Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Okay Ladies...totally went hogwild with this kit. have four layouts so far. I just love this mini kit, and the stuart Green Tartan kit from Moonbeam. totally easy to work with, and what better subjects than the men in our lives. I aparently have a lot of them
    First one is Papi - my honey's dad. he loves the boys like there is no tomorrow - and has taken me in like his only daughter. what is not to love and want to 'homage'.
    Last edited by tin tin; 06-02-2011 at 08:54 AM.

So after the boys Papi which is above, here is thier other grandfather (my father) I used embies from moonbeam's Stuart Green Tartan kit and her love and kisses kit

I love this man - although he was not around much while we were growing up - he is trying to make it up with his grandsons that he could not be more proud of!

Lucky boys get to know thier great grandfather on thier dad's side. He is an amazing man who loves those boys like they were his sons. Here he is with my youngest at his recent first birthday.
    Used embies from Moonbeam's stuart green tartan kit that goes sooo well with this mini kit and also page starter shapes from Carena

Last but certainly not least in any respect - MY MAN!
    Although he stumbles, he never falls. he is always there for me and my boys and loves us like no one else could. Despite his faults he is the perfect man for me! I have never seen a better father, or two boys love thier father this much. This one is for you baby!
    (everything here is from the kit or Moonbeam's Stuart Green Tartan kit)