Prints, books, dvds? What do you do with all your beautiful pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TannersScrappin'Momma
    • Aug 2006

Prints, books, dvds? What do you do with all your beautiful pages?

Hello Everyone,

I absolutely love the 2.0 version--kudos to the developers and all the talented designers out there!

I am trying desperately to get caught up on such much needed scrapbooking and I am dumbstruck as to how to organize all my layouts. Ideally, I'd like to print a yearly review book with all the highlights of the year. But then, I have some themes that could get their own book all by themselves (vacations, holidays, etc.) In the interest of saving money and space, however, I don't really need to print a book for every single occasion.

I considered creating a dvd movie for some of the layout "books" but I'd like to hear from everyone else here: do you print each and every page you create? How do you organize your many layouts? Any advice anyone has would be much appreciated!

~Kimberly
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

i home print mine and put them in 8x8 albums...have a lovely collection lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

Yes, I print mine too and my favourite size is 8 x 8 because you can print on your home printer.

I tend to make far more layouts than I print and then I find that they can go into specific scrapbooks at a later time. I also make hybrid albums, so you get a nice mix of texture.

I haven't made any DVDs of my LOs yet, but it is something I'm considering, simply because the cost of printing every single page is beyond my means. Also, at family gatherings everyone can enjoy the same album, so a DVD has a lot going for it, particularly if you include some funky transitions. I'm going to try mine on Pro Show Gold, which I've produced some lovely movies on, just using photos, so I think that might work.

BUT there is nothing like the experience of sitting with a friend or loved one going through a book of precious memories. It doesn't really get much better.

Blessings - FS xx
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• TannersScrappin'Momma
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
        i home print mine and put them in 8x8 albums...have a lovely collection lol
        OK question about that: What kind of paper / printer do you use, and do you find you go through oodles of ink? That's my only fear about printing at home. That, and the quality.

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

I used standard non glossy photo paper (as it's normally the one on sale so cheaper) as for thr inks I buy my ink in bulk via an ebay supplier so it costs less, i dont use that much unless there are a lot of black areas in the album, I find printing via Scrapbook Max gives a better quality image and uses a lot less ink that any of the graphic programs or photo print programs.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Working...
          X