• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Designer Monthly Challenge - April 2011 - Hosted by Carena

Welcome back to the Designer Monthly Challenge.

Our first Designer host is our very own wonderfully talented Carena

Take it away Carena ♥

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Use It All Challenge - Hosted by Carena - April

Thank you Fiona

Hi everyone.
    Well I'm really excited to be able to host this challenge this month. Monja and I have a little mini for you all to work with. As some of you might already know - Monja and I teamed up and put together a MEGA Wedding Collection. It's in Store under both Monja and Carena's Designs.
    I have a mini kit for you all to work with for this challenge which has come from the Wedding Collection.

Challenge Steps.
    1. Use every element in the mini kit provided in your layout. You can use an item once or as many times but you have to use all items at least one time.
    2. You may use shapes on your papers - in fact it will make for much more interesting layout if you do. Hint Hint. LOL.
    3. Although its from the wedding collection - we want you to use photos that aren't wedding photos. He he - just a little twist for you. Use as many photo's or just 1. This we leave up to you.
    4. Add some word art.
    and
    5. Optional: If you are super keen - try a little photo overlay on the lighter paper.
    Do this by placing photo over the lighter paper (darker one is too dark and won't work well). Use your eraser with a soft fuzzy edge (not the hard one - use the slider to alter) and erase around the edge of your photo up to the person you are going to use to overlay - or it may be a scene you want to overlay - then erase the edges to remove the hardness from it. Once you are happy with it - then play with the opacity of the photo and make it more see through - this is the overlay part which allows the paper to blend in more.
    I hope you try this - it's a really cool technique which can give amazing results once you have got the idea and practiced it. It really does give your layouts that extra WOW factor.
    I will see if I can get back here later today with a screen shot of the eraser settings to make it a little more easy for those who haven't tried this before.

And now - here is what you will be working with. Link will only be available during April's Challenge.
    It is a zipped file - you will need to unzip it. Suitable to use in all program types including Scrapbook max Software.
    You can DOWNLOAD IT BY CLICKING HERE

Most of all - Have fun and don't' forget to show us here and upload it to the Gallery so we can all see your outstanding work.

Last edited by Carena; 04-02-2011, 05:03 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Here is my example using shapes and a photo overlay. I hope you like it and enjoy the challenge.

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Mistica
        • Jul 2007

hi everyone,
        i hope you all enjoy this challenge - as much as carena and i had putting the ultimate wedding collection together for you!
        I'm proud to be a Scrapbook Max Designer - visit my store here.

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

I do hope that I've met all the RULES.... LOL

Comment

• ksd_24_f
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2009

Wow, what a great technique!! Thank you for showing it to us!! It really does add that wow factor to a LO doesn't it.. Here's my attempt Thank you so much for this mini kit - it's beautiful

Kelly

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

Here's another one. Two daughers, gotta do two layouts right?? I just changed the colors up in this one..

Kelly

Comment

• Carena
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2007

Both wonderful layouts. Totally awesome.
                Kelly - seems you have mastered the technique already - WOW fast you are. I hope to see it used often in your layouts. And yes - I'd say your layout has the WOW factor.

Mary - Love the quote - really is so special - beautiful job on your page. As for the rules - don't worry they are just a guideline but you've done just fine with them anyway. Lovely lace shape you have used. Super cluster and great job all round . Well done. Thanks for joining in the fun.
                Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Kelly you posted while I was typing. My daughter is Caitlyn also - just spelt different. They look to be about the same age. 8 years mine and she keeps me on my toes. LOL.
                  Another wonderful page and great shape used for the photo.

Edit: Nope on second look - the paper had the shape I think, or perhaps even both paper and photo. Hugs.
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

I.....can't........stop..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I just LOVE this kit and am having sooo much fun with this new technique!!! lol

Kel

Comment

• pmeparker96
                      • Oct 2010

Thank you for the wonderful mini!

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2009

lol, my Kaitlyn just turned 7! and yes she keeps me on my toes as well
                        I started out with the shape on the photo, but when I blended it, I thought it worked better as original shape

OMG!!! pmeparker - STUNNING!!!!! wow
                        Last edited by ksd_24_f; 04-03-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

pmeparker - Wow it's a stunner page for sure and yes - I believe it has the WOW Factor. Great work and gorgeous photo and clustering.

Kelly - what can I say - Lots of late nights scrapping I see ahead of you. LOL.
                          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• pmeparker96
                            • Oct 2010

Thank you. I actually owe anything I am creating to all of you. You all inspire me to think outside of the 'norm' and discover new creations.

Comment

• Carena
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pmeparker96 View Post
                              Thank you. I actually owe anything I am creating to all of you. You all inspire me to think outside of the 'norm' and discover new creations.
                              Oh - I'm sure you have a lot to do with it yourself. But I do like to shake things up a bit - makes life more interesting.
                              Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
                              X