+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Here's mine -
    Heritage
    Sharon

aka JustbnSharon

Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.

Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    Glad to have you designing challenges again, Carena. I always loved your work. Everything got used as requested. I did make a few minor twicks by changing the color of the frame and darkening the print overlay. Thanks to Suecannon for the diamond glass shape she designed a while ago. I really like its effect.
    Oh thank you so much. Beautiful page. Left comment already in gallery. You managed the photo overlay so beautifully - This has the WOW factor - great work.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Default Shapes Tutorial Ideas and How to use them

Diane has asked me to show her some of my latest pack of shapes in operation so here they are. I have another pack soon to be in store also - I used the lace shape in the top left corner in these examples.
    Now I've used the Use It All Mini kit to demonstrate and if you wish - you can all have a go yourself and see what you can come up with.

Here is my layout

and now here is the layout without all the extras and shows just the layout using the shapes. Thought this might give you a clearer overview of what I've done with the shapes.
    The darker shape top left - I still used the same paper as the green one but darkened it as I wanted it to look a little different.
    Shapes also used in the corners to look like photo corner pieces. Neat trick isn't it?
    Remember to use shadows with your shapes or they will blend into the paper - unless of course you want them to do this - to make a unique looking paper.
    As you can see - I've used just 1 paper shapes page starter and 3 shapes.

My layout at first glance might look very complicated but isn't as complicated as you think. What I like about using shapes with kits is that you can make your layout very unique to yourself.
    The shapes give you a HUGE VARIETY of Options to use and combine with a kit of maybe 8 papers and lets say 40 elements can then turn into a kit that you can use with thousands of possibilities way beyond the 9 papers and 40 elements purchased in the kit or any Scrapbook Max Template purchased.
    Take the time to study these examples - I'm sure you will see the possibilities and a lot of new doors and ideas open up before your very eyes.
    I will see what I can come up to show you the exact same layout but this time using a different kit. Be back with that soon. Hugs

Kind wishes from Carena

Ok I'm back with the next one - Same shapes used as above but this time Kit: Loving Rose by Carena's Designs - and yes I cheated a little with this one and used elements from Loving Rose Clusters Packs 1 and 2. WELL - that's what clusters are for - when you are in a hurry and need something quick. LOL

Not bad - done this since my previous post - uploaded to gallery and type all this in How many minutes. This shows you just how quick and easy shapes are to use when you get used to doing it. Hopefully you can see how versatile they are also and how they can give you a totally different look in just minutes.
    I did just edit my previous page and change the papers around - so it wasn't made totally from scratch.
    I also darkened the same light pink paper for the corners - as it wasn't giving me enough of a contrast to the papers in the background.
    Last edited by Carena; 04-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena

and another one - Kit: New year Resolutions.
    Ok I give up now - here it is 11.35 am my time and as yet not had breakfast and my stomach is growling load enough that you probably can hear it. LOL. Hugs
    Kind wishes from Carena

Default Little Beauty

Here is mine..
    Fun challenge . I made a mask with the elements.. Hope I can load it..
    Attached Images

k' seriously cool!!!!! I love what you've done with the shapes! That's amazing, really!! These LO's are sooo stunning girls!! WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carena View Post
    Both wonderful layouts. Totally awesome.
    Kelly - seems you have mastered the technique already - WOW fast you are. I hope to see it used often in your layouts. And yes - I'd say your layout has the WOW factor.

Mary - Love the quote - really is so special - beautiful job on your page. As for the rules - don't worry they are just a guideline but you've done just fine with them anyway. Lovely lace shape you have used. Super cluster and great job all round . Well done. Thanks for joining in the fun.
    Kelly you posted while I was typing. My daughter is Caitlyn also - just spelt different. They look to be about the same age. 8 years mine and she keeps me on my toes. LOL.
    Another wonderful page and great shape used for the photo.

No photo overlay on this one.

The double photo frame show my mother on the left and my mother-in-law on the right. Beautiful ladies, wonderful mums.

The quote says:

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
    -- Honoré de Balzac

Blessings - FS xx
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song