• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Step by Step by Carena

Some easy step by steps for this layout.

Just one part of the Mega Bundle - Salty Kisses
    This Ultimate Wedding Collection is now available at Scrapbook Max.

This kit includes some pre-shadowed elements such as the above palm tree. It also comes without shadow. The pre-shadowed element gives you the opportunity to use to make your layouts really POP and show realistic natural falling shadows.

I have many people say to me - I can't do that - it looks too complicated. Well here I want to show you just how easy it can be. Above Step 1. I added the paper, netting in corner, sand and my pre-extracted image of the bride plus the pre-shadowed vine in the top right corner. I added a few tiny frangipani flowers to vine.
    As you can see - there really isn't anything hard here - it's just simply placement.

Step 2 - I added the pre-shadowed realistic palms. Nothing hard there either.
    Last edited by Carena; 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Step 3. I added the larger palms to the layout with the pre-shadowed realistic shadows which is included in the kit. It's just a case of playing around with placement to your liking and making sure you place in front or behind your already placed elements.

Step 4 - Finally added the wordart with is also included and this time I lowered the opacity - I didn't want the strong black text this time and went for a softer colour. Finally added the seagull and added a little shadow to it.
    As you can see - there wasn't anything hard or difficult in this layout. If you wanted to you can add a picture frame and a normal photo. I'd place the sand so it was over the frame and in front of your image so it looks like the sand spills over the edge of the frame.
    I hope you have enjoyed looking at the steps in this layout. As you can see - it really is easy. This layout is just as easy in Scrapbook Max Software also. Enjoy

In the above layout , it's again just a placement thing. I also done another little trick on 3 of the floral elements I've repeated and that is to just lower the opacity so the papers are showing through. (bottom right, middle under frame clusters and top left corner). The word art I made was easy also. I typed it and then using a soft edged eraser, I lowered the opacity of the eraser so not to erase the entire thing and just swept it over the text to have stronger and lighter text showing. Again, there isn't anything really hard about this - it's just about knowing a few little tricks.

I hope this inspires you to try something a little different. Enjoy
    Last edited by Carena; 03-13-2011, 04:33 PM.
    Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

And here is the layout done with a regular photo and frame just in case you haven't got any extracted brides. LOL

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• fourfoxes
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2007

beautiful and thanks for some inspiration!

Debby
        My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• ValerieElaine
          Digi Sage
          • Aug 2008

Thank you Carena, you make it easy.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

Lovely, and thank you for the inspiration Carena.
            I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Carena
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2007

Thanks Linda, Val and Debby

I was inspired by this private message I got from a dear Scrapbook Max Member. (name removed as I promised not to use it but she has given me permission to show this).
              My style is very different to many here at Scrapbook Max and as it seems, some are wary or not so sure about it. My aim is to challenge people to try new things. My layouts often look very complicated but when broken down in steps like I have with this - they really aren't. Sometimes, yes I use more fancy techniques (in parts only) but so often I don't and it's all about placement.

Here was the message I received. I can't tell you how immensely proud of her I am for her efforts and having the courage to write me. Moments like these make me think that the hours and hours spent scrapping and designing and commenting in forums and helping people is really worth it. I've kept this email so when I sometimes feel down, I can read it again and it soon makes me fell lots better.

Thanks Carena
              Do you know that it was thanks to your lovely layouts at SBM that I found DDR . . . I adored your clustering and even wrote to you once about it, as I was sooo scared/intimidated by this "new style" of scrapping . . . You suggested I use a template or scraplift and I did just that . . . Now I am sooo sooo glad I did. . . If I compare my layouts then and now, I can see how much I've grown since I stumbled across SBM and digiscrapping in Jan last year. My layouts with DDR kits are now my favourites and as insane as it sounds, I seem to scrap best when I "lose control" like in a progressive or speed scrap! Strange, i know . . . But all in all, I love all these learning curves and extend my sincerest gratitude to you, for guiding me in this direction . . .

Hugs and kisses
              NAME REMOVED
              Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
              X