• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Does anyone know how Carena is?

I have been following the news about the earthquake in New Zealand. I hope she and her loves ones are ok. Please, can anyone let us know if you have heard from her?
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

• dillie1
    Layout Whiz
    • Aug 2009

This is what I found at DDR from Carena. http://www.digidesignresort.com/foru...low-Countrymen

Hi Everyone - Thanks so much for your thoughts and love. I and my family are all safe - we are in Nelson and actually didn't feel the 6.3 earthquake at all. I put map here so you can see where we are.
    This morning there are people still trapped that are alive as they are texting and calling from mobile phones. 17 major after shocks since the main one yesterday and they are all around 4.5 which is making rescue so much more difficult.

Just seen on news that this one although just 6.3 and 5 kilometers deep is actually far far worse than the one in Sept which was over 7 because the Sept one was 30 kilometers deep. They said that the movement on the ground level was actually 3 times worse than Sept.
    The main city of Christchurch is closed and guarded by police to keep people out. Many without power and water.
    I just hope they can get all survivors out and that none more loose their life while waiting for rescue because of aftershocks that continue.

Thanks so much for all your love and concern for myself and Kiwi's in general. I can't tell you how much this thread has meant to me and how I feel the love across the world.

Last edited by dillie1; 02-23-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• SBM Diane
      Digi Sage
      • Sep 2010

I saw the news tonight too about the earthquake in New Zealand. Carena, I hope you and your family are safe and well. I will be praying for you and your family.

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

thanks for sharing that dillie ♥

love & prayers for everyone involved xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Dillie, thank you for sharing this. I appreciate it so much. And Carena, I'm so glad you're ok, although I really feel for the folks in the quake area. My heart goes out to all of you.
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Oh I do wish all will be safe.Glad Carena and family are okay.Prayers are sent for those who are trapped.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Carena
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2007

Hi folks - Yes - sorry I've not been over her for a week and not seen this thread until now. My family and myself are fine and once again in Nelson didn't feel the earthquake - seems it's on a different fault line and so the waives aren't traveling up it to us here.
              We have a number of people here in Nelson at the moment from Christchurch. This one unlike the last one - many people have moved out of Christchurch for a while anyway. I can't blame them.

Last I heard - here are some facts
              154 Dead and expected to rise to around 200 as they have about 50 people missing
              85% of power is back on
              approx 55,000 homes without water

There is mud and silt in large areas where it come up out of the ground with water. A lot of places have it thick (up to above knees) that has to be dug out from around her homes and streets.
              There still are bodies to be dug out of fallen buildings and rescue teams are still working.

Our little school had 7 children enrolled that come from Christchurch yesterday - Wakefield school has just under 300 kids. I'd think they will be expecting more to enroll yet. I know of 2 children next door are up here not enrolled yet.
              Schools are expected to be closed still in Christchurch for at least another 2 weeks they said today.

I had a cousin who was renting a home in Christchurch - it was complete ruined. The one time when renting is best. I'd hate to be a home owner down there.
              Anyway - as you can see - I'm all good. I'm a scout leader here and our scout group are offering tents and the Scout Den for anyone that wants to get away from Christchurch for a while. It was passed at the meeting last night - not sure if we will get any takers or not. Our den has everything except showers.
              Thanks for everyones comments and concern for me - it's very heart warming to know so many care. Thanks guys - you are the best. Hugs and kisses.
              Kind wishes from Carena
              Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
              Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

So glad you are ok. Thanks for the update.

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                  Digi Sage
                  • Aug 2008

Glad to know that you are OK.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• juliescraps
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Aug 2007

Thanks for the update. So glad to here you and family are okay.

Comment

• Carena
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2007

Thanks for everyone concern for me. Actually I've been extremely busy with a Massive Wedding kit. I've just released it but it will be a while before it's available here at Scrapbook Max as I have to repackage everything and change file types etc to be compatable. See my gallery for a look. Cheers
                      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• eye
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

Glad you are safe Carena.We all luv yah xo.
                        sigpic
                        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by eye View Post
                          Glad you are safe Carena.We all luv yah xo.
                          OH thanks so much.

They are talking at the moment there at 10,000 homes that have to be destroyed due to fact they aren't repairable.
                          Schools are just now starting back.
                          Many thousands still don't have sewage working and some still without water also.
                          Really is bad, bad bad.
                          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
                          X