X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

The Groove February 2011 Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the

Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Michelle McCoy has shared a beautiful mini-kit with you that's ideal for Valentine's Day scrapping, or any kind of heartfelt layout! Simply click on the file named Groove-Feb2011.smb - you'll find it below under Attached Files. Download and save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!.

You'll find the kit's items under Object> Embellishment and under Page> Settings by choosing Background Image and Select Background.

Michelle's Challenge:

"We are doing a “Double Vision ~ Love Letter” layout for this challenge…
    • Download my mini kit. All pieces come from both my “I Need u” Kits…Use at least 4 items from the mini to make your layout…Choose ONE photo to use, but we are going to use it twice in our layout....
    • Add the photo to your layout and make it big. Add some transparency to it. Then make your layout like usual adding the same photo again with no transparency added to it.
    • Then write a love letter to the person/people that are in the photo you are using…

*See my example layout called "Love You Phil" for an idea (attached below)*
    • Next, upload your layout to our gallery in the Groove Newsletter Challenges category, then post it here in this thread for us to see..It’s that time of month to share the love, so let’s see it!"

Thanks, Michelle - and let's get scrappin', everyone!

Be sure to check out the February 2011 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts that "tug at your heartstrings", and a fabulous discount on the Forever Love Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 (it's the month of love and romance, after all!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 02-28-2011, 02:05 PM.
  • ptktj
    • Feb 2011

Feb Challenge

My 1st try...newbie.

link

Comment

• lindaathome
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2010

Here's mine. I chose my daughter.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• lemonade6363
        • Aug 2009

Ah, every page is already soooo beautiful!! Here is my page.

Last edited by lemonade6363; 02-01-2011, 06:00 PM. Reason: to remove the IMGs before and after image
        Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

fabulous pages ladies, Michelle great kit

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Browntigger
            • Nov 2010

Comment

• SBM Diane
              Digi Sage
              • Sep 2010

Comment

• Karin
                • Jan 2006

Soooooo pretty, everyone! What a great concept for a layout, Michelle!

Karin

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Super pages everyone
                  Kind wishes from Carena
                  Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                  Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• thomast
                    • Oct 2007

Feb 2011 challenge

OK - I have had this software for some time and only done a little with it so I thought I would give this a try. Haven't posted before so hope I am doing this right.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Rhondarob08
                      • Oct 2010

Here is my entry

Comment

• shanave
                        • Oct 2009

Well it has been a LONG time since I have done a page. My computer crashed and it took me forever to get back into scrapbooking. Thankfully I didn't lose all of my work.

Hopefully I can remember how to post a page.
                        playtime-010-Page-1.jpg
                        Last edited by shanave; 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM. Reason: can't remember how to post picture

Comment

• wolvsie35
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2007

OMG....I can't believe the stunning layouts so far...WOW....I am impressed...

ptktj....Thanks for joining us in this month's challenge...Your layout is beautiful....I hope we see more from you...We are a friendly community here....
                          Linda....Gorgeous photo, and I love your journaling...
                          Pam....Another pretty layout...What does the journaling say? Or is it private? <wink>
                          Brown...Unique layout and I like it...Thanks for joining in....Hope to see more...
                          Diane...Again, you have made a beautiful layout...She is so pretty too and I love the journaling...
                          thomast....Welcome! I think you did an awesome job...Love the smiling photo..and the shape you used in it...Hope to see more of you as well....
                          Rhonda...Love the way you made your page...and the sentiments are so sweet...
                          shanave....glad to see you back...How I hate computers sometimes...User friendly...lol....Your page is stunning...great use of the photo....

Keep them coming....I might even have a prize for one lucky person when this month is over...<wink> I'm loving the creativity here, and seeing new comers join in...Awesome!
                          I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• PixyGirl
                            • Aug 2008

Gorgeous kit and love seeing all the layouts used with it. Great idea for design.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2009

Wow guys, these are stunning!!! I love them all Fantastic - I feel the love!!

Comment

Working...
                              X