+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default The Groove January 2011 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Happy New Year from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter!

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie to make your challenge pages. Then, create a layout (or layouts) that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove Newsletter Challenges gallery and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below.

This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a breathtakingly elegant Victorian-themed mini-kit for you to scrap with. Simply click on the file named Victorian-Rose-Mini-Kit-by-Fiona-Storey.smb - you'll find it below under Attached Files. Download and save, then double-click on the saved file to import it into Scrapbook MAX!. You'll find the kit's items under Object> Embellishment, Object> Paper Scrap, and under Page> Settings by choosing Background Image and Select Background.

The Challenge:

Using at least three (3) items from the freebie kit, make a page that honours a friend or person you admire.

Be sure to check out the January 2011 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts that reflect on Christmas (just) past, and a fabulous discount on the all-new Christmas Wishes Expansion Pack for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0!
    Attached Files

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Default Preview

Here's the preview to the mini kit, I do hope you all enjoy it and have fun scrapping

My-Scrapbook-000-Page-1.jpg

Shameless plug time this is part of a band new kit and template set that will be uploaded to store pretty soon called Victorian Rose

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Default Cherished Volunteers

It has been so long since I uploaded a picture. Time to get back into the designing mode again! Thanks Fiona for the beautiful kit. It inspired me to create this thank you card for all the people who have helped me get around in the past few months. I couldn't focus on only one person. Many people were involved. This will be the front page of my Thank You notes.

Can't say I ignored SBM during my "vacation" from posting. I created two huge slideshows for friend's birthdays. That is a wonderful feature of this program.

I used the picture frame, the white doily, the bow (changed the color with the Hue command), and a chopped set of beads. The text was created in MS Word.

Last edited by grannywin; 01-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Here is Mine... I Admire my Nana!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Fiona, Great Mini Kit!!!

Thank You Fiona,

What a beautiful kit! Here is my layout.

I also chose my Mom and Dad.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

oh wow these pages are gorgeous, well done everyone

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

I love everyones pages, I like the victorian look. Here is mine, thanks Fiona, I just used items out of your kit.

Lovely LO Frannieanne!
    I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35