X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kswin
    • Feb 2010

Erasing background

I would like to see an easier way to get rid of a background in a photo than having to "erase" it. It takes me a long time to erase and just keep one object in a photo, i.e., if I just want a person and have to erase the rest of the photo out. Even after I go through that LENGTHY process and it looks like I have gotten what I want, it never comes out that way. There is always residue left arount the cutout, etc. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am just not that good as using the eraser. I get very discouraged.
  • sj3girls
    • Dec 2009

I wondered the same thing. Go to this thread...it will help!

~ sj3girls ~

Comment

• kswin
      • Feb 2010

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already scrolled to enlarge it but it still takes me forever and it doesn't look "great" when I am done. Maybe I am being too picky or I am doing something wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

• grannywin
        Layout Whiz
        • Sep 2006

I am still using the older version of SBM, so here is what I do. I uploaded a free paint program called PAINT.NET. It is a free version of Photoshop and easy to use. I like to clone parts of the picture that I don't want showing with a nearby color or erase the section completely. Blowing up the picture helps you get the erasing more exact. It is easier to see mistakes at 500 instead of 100. If the color you want to remove is different from the picture, you can select that color with just a click and then delete. Don't do that when the colors are similar.

Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows.

Comment

Working...
        X