X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kellywhite
    • Dec 2009

Can anyone help me out?

I have been using ScrapbookMax for about a year now and I really like it! It's very user-friendly and I've really had no problems with it But there are 2 things I can't seem to figure out how to do:

1--extract a picture (and get rid of the background)

2--get a basic circle shape for a picture or paper scrap

I would love some advice and feel like these tips could really enhance my pages. Thanks so much!

Kelly White
    Toledo, OH
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

Kelly- to extract a picture use the eraser tool.It can be found by right clicking on the picture, then effects,then eraser or you can also find along the top tool bar.When you are in eraser mode you can adjust the brush size,transparency and hardness of the brush. Don't worry if you make a mistake you can always use the other brush to put stuff back.You can also adjust the picture size zoom in or out.
    To get a basic circle shape ,right click on it ,click on properties,check change shape,click on select. This will take you to the shapes library. I know that there is a circle shape in the heritage folder. but your picture or paper scrap has to be square shaped otherwise the shape follows the shape of the the picture or scrap.
    I hope that this helps.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• kellywhite
      • Dec 2009

Thanks so much for your help! Both seemed like such simple fixes...but when I tried to get the circle, I didn't have a heritage folder in my shapes library. I only have: Fancy, Objects and My Shapes. Do I need to download the heritage folder? And when I tried to find the eraser tool...I don't think I have that either I don't have it under "effects" or along my toolbar. I do have the 2.0 version....I'm pretty sure that's the most current, right? I also tried to update...but nothing changed Your directions were very easy to follow, but I just don't have the tools Any thoughts on that? Again...THANK YOU so much for your help!

Kelly White
      Last edited by kellywhite; 12-11-2010, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• lindaathome
        Digi Sage
        • Jan 2010

Kelly,

You can find the Eraser under Effects in the ToolBar. There is also an Icon for it on the Toolbar, 2 over to the right fronm the Text box. It is half blue and half white. If you place your cursor over it says Eraser.

Look through the Forum. There are freebie Shapes out there. You can use the ones that came with MAX - Objects has a Circle. Fancy has several to choose from, some with effects on them.
        I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• ValerieElaine
          Digi Sage
          • Aug 2008

Do you have the most recent update? Click Help on the tool bar at top . then update. If you did it should be where Linda said.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• kellywhite
            • Dec 2009

Wow! Thank you so much for the helpful and quick responses! I really do consider myself to be comfortable with a computer...but these issues are making feel like an idiot! I have searched and searched in my shapes folder, but there isn't a circle--wierd!! There are some really random shapes like fire, handicapped chair, arrows, baseball player...but no basic shapes. I will go on the advice of trying a SBMax freebie. But as for the eraser tool...I am 100% positive it's not there It's not on the toolbar and it's not under "effects". I have updated many, many times (should I be paying for an update?)...but nothing changes! Every time I update, it says it needs to re-start...so I do..but the eraser never shows up! I can extract a pic through "Paint.Net" and then pull it in...but I'd like to do it right in SBMax. Thanks again for all your help...if you're out of ideas..I understand
            Kelly

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

I have searched and searched in my shapes folder, but there isn't a circle--wierd!!
              Do you have SBM1 on your computer or did you go straight to SBM2? I think perhaps those of us who have version 1 on our pcs are picking up shapes from that version as well as our new version. Anyway, to get you going I made you a quick circle that you can put in your shapes folder.

To save your circle shape, click on FS_Circle.png to get the full size, then right click and select Save Image As.

You will need to go to your SBM document folder, shapes and make a new folder there - you could call it Misc Shapes or something similar. Then you can save your image in that new folder.

But as for the eraser tool...I am 100% positive it's not there
              See my attached image, this is where your eraser should be.

You should be on Version 2.0.6.1 - you can check this by looking under Help, About Scrapbook Max.

If that is not your version, go to Check for Updates. It will ask you to close your program. Make sure you do that but keep the dialogue box open and then click retry. It will download your patch. Then it will prompt you to install the patch, which will take a few moments. After that, you should be able to reopen SBM and get going with your Eraser.

Do let us know how you get on.

Blessings - FS xx
              Attached Files
              Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 12-12-2010, 12:04 PM.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
              I walk on a trail of song
              And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Kirstie
                • Dec 2010

Ok for some reason I can not find how to ask a new question in the forum so since everyone was so helpful in this one I thought I might ask my question here. Does anyone know how to change the location of where it saves your scrapbook pages to. I have the software on an external drive but it saves all my pages to the hard drive of my computer. is there a way to change to default on this?

Comment

• lindaathome
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jan 2010

I don't find anyplace to change this setting. It must be built into the software. This would be a Lorne question I believe. I just hit Browse and select where I want to save mine. I save on an external drive as well.

Hugs
                  I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• Lorne
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jan 2006

There isn't a preference for this at the moment, but it's something we might consider adding in the future.

In the past we've shied away from including advanced options that would make it possible to break a Scrapbook MAX! install; we get a lot of people breaking their installs even with very limited options to do so.

BTW, I would advise against installing Scrapbook MAX! (or any program) onto an external drive. In order for a program to work correctly in the long run, it should really be installed in a location that is permanently attached, so that it is reliably available.
                    Lorne ( )
                    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                    X