• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFreeSpirit
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Distressing

I would love a distressing tool. And I guess that would need an inking tool to go with it.

I know we can apply shapes to paper and photos, but it would be lovely if we had a tool that could be used on anything, applying as much or as little as we want, to elements as well as photos and scraps.

As scrappers we all know what fun it is to distress the edges of our scraps.

Blessings - FS xx

ps. I do see the irony here, we buy tools to give us perfectly smooth die cuts, then we use another tool to rough the edges up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

What kind of distressing do you mean? Scratches? Fading? Tearing?

You could probably simulate fading and scratches now with the eraser by adjusting the transparency and positioning some white paper behind the image, although I'd assume it's much easier to do in something like the Gimp or Paint.net before bringing the image into Scrapbook MAX.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

What kind of distressing do you mean? Scratches? Fading? Tearing?
      Yes, all of the above!

Yes, Lorne, you are quite correct I can do this in Serif Draw. But as it will soon be Christmas, I'm making my list! (and checking it twice ... )

Something to consider for the future, maybe?

FS
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

Working...
      X