Wow Wolvsie...if you were trying to get us outside of our comfort zone, it's working on me...I don't have any problem with others giving me some critique but have never felt qualified to critique someone else's work, but here goes...ready sj3girls? Please understand that I am being very knitpicky because I just love your page and had to really reach to do any kind of critique...LOL...(thanks for reminding me of the scoring scale...I had noticed it but already forgotten...LOL...will use Michelle's here)
1. Background--I love the orange and teal papers together and the texture of your orange stripes. Also the way you brought it to life a little more by using it as a mat for your photos. I might suggest a bluer paper in place of the teal just because of the blues in the pool pic and the chairs...might have popped those colors a little more...on background I give you a 2!
2. Photos--The photos are all very fun and full of life. The 3rd one down, I'm guessing everyone is watching fireworks, is a little dark, but it's night, right? hehe..I really like how the mat has a bit of an "erased" line at the bottom and each photo looks like it is underlined for a little extra emphasis. Photos get a 1!
3. Text--I think the text on the lined paper really brings your page all together! It looks like actual handwriting and I think that is really cool. The only thing that was a tiny bit distracting was that it wasn't totally aligned on each line, but I can be a fanatic about precision, which is not always a good thing. Text gets a 2!
4. Embellishments--Okay, here is some of the knitpicky precision I was talking about...I love your corners and the way you used the screws to anchor them...I am one of those fanatics about bringing it up big so I can see if I have the corner flush with the paper that I am wrapping it around...another nutty thing. I almost couldn't find the arrow...once I did find it, I like how you used it and the size really seems to be appropriate to me. Embellishments = 1!
5. Overall page design--I love it...I feel that your page told a story...the photos and journaling all pulled the page together nicely and and the backgrounds and corners framed it beautifully...Overall page gets a big, fat 1...that's the best!!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing!!! (Hope I got the scoring numbers right...LOL)