+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Font Management

Default Font Management

After receiving the free gift from the weekly challenge (Thanks!), I noticed after loading it that one of the fonts wasn't on my system. Naturally I had to run out and find it right away. It got me to thinking about how new folks keep track of the fonts on their system so I thought I would share this link.

This is an old program but still works very well for me. I find I'm winding up with quite a few different fonts on my system and this program helps me to keep track of them. It's also great for when I'm looking for "just the right font" in a layout as I can easily browse through all my fonts and look at them at various sizes by adjusting a simple slider or adding my own sample text.

AND it's free. The Font Thing

I'm curious if anyone else uses anything similar. I'm a software junkie and I love to try different stuff!
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Thumbs up The Font Thing

I just got the Font Thing - it came installed on my new computer! It's wonderful! I've been collecting fonts for so long - I have over 800 and the program keeps them organized and easy to install and uninstall. How did I ever live without it?!

Where did you find the font in the template? I already used the template without the font Julie used and have forgotten the name of it. I would love to add it to my over 800 fonts (LOL)!
    Last edited by MaggieMae; 09-08-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Found it here. The name of the font was CoolDots.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Smile Thank U!

Thanks for the info! I'm glad you posted something about The Font Thing - most scrapbookers collect fonts and it's invaluable!

I got this long ago (from one of the message boards I frequent) and yeah, it's a great little program with a great price

Question.... I'm getting this message when I run Setup:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

If I proceed with the installation, is this going to run on my system (XP)???
    God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I didn't use the setup file. I downloaded the second one on that link and then just unzipped it into it's own directory and ran it from there.

I'm on XP too and it's running fine.

Wish I could be more help.
    -=poppabob=-

I use mine on xp also, should work, try again

Marion

i :heart tft

Please visit my SBM store!

I just downloaded it. I will let you all know how I like it.. :-) thanks
    Binkey